Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Approval Letter but no Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Approval Letter but no Card?

I was recently approved for a BBR on 2/4 and the approval message indicated that I would receive the card in 7-10 business days. I'm not dying to get the card ASAP, but I got a letter in the mail today from BoA congratulating me on the approval. It had my credit score on it, last 4 digits of the account number, but no card or typical info packet. Is this normal for BoA? Do they send a letter first and then the card later? Have yet to see this happen with Chase, Amex, Discover.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Approval Letter but no Card?

Mailman went shopping.

Lol.. It'll show soon.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

yup. totally normal. you should get an email when they ship your card.

"

Your card will arrive in a plain white window envelope with a Wilmington, Delaware, return address within 5-7 business days.
When your new card arrives
1.Activate your new card immediately to begin making purchases.
2.Review the additional detail provided with your card documents.
If the address listed is incorrect or your card is not received in the specified timeframe, please contact us immediately."
Message 3 of 11
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Yes this has happened to me with BofA as well
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 4 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Cabelas does the same thing with the cards.  Approval letter/packet first, card later.  

Message 5 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

It happens.  Be patient but it if takes too long then call.

Message 6 of 11
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

citi does a well and this last card i happened to get both the letter and card the same day in two different enevlopes lol.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think, atleast for me, BoA is the slowest to send cards out.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

for us it is definitely a tie between BOA and Chase.  2 weeks easily from app time to card in hand.  But well worth the wait.

Amex is hands down the fasteest, excluding their 2day shipped PRG. Even their regular cards.

Message 9 of 11
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

for us it is definitely a tie between BOA and Chase.  2 weeks easily from app time to card in hand.  But well worth the wait.

Amex is hands down the fasteest, excluding their 2day shipped PRG. Even their regular cards.

With Chase I just go to SM and ask for it to be expedited and they do it. The one time I didn't it came in 3 days anyways which was me asking for an upgrade to my Freedom to a Visa Siggy.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.