cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Balance Transfer Solicitation... and I mean they're trying hard....

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

BoA Balance Transfer Solicitation... and I mean they're trying hard....

I've made a post in the past about this. Every three weeks or so I receive an envelope from BoA for two balance transfer options for my Cash Rewards credit card.

They have sent the same offer now for at least 15 times. Every time it is yet another envelope in my mailbox! It's incredible. I'm sure I'll receive it at least five more times.I've filled out the section on their website to limit their information sharing but I think they're entitled to sending me their own offers since I am a customer.

Can't they pull softs and see whether someone would be a potential candidate for a BT? The reported balances on all of my accounts are maybe $500 at the most with about $50k of available credit. Why would I want to do a BT then?

These constant BT offers don't exactly foster financial responsibility in BoA's customer base. I think they're doing the wrong thing by pushing this on people.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alcibiades
Contributor

Re: BoA Balance Transfer Solicitation... and I mean they're trying hard....

Credit card companies are aggresively seeking out balance transfers right now. Loan growth is relatively low, so in the card companies are competing with each other to assume outstanding loans. Discover said this on their recent earnings call.

Message 2 of 3
CreditusMaximus
New Contributor

Re: BoA Balance Transfer Solicitation... and I mean they're trying hard....

BOA tried to hit me up for a BT when I did a withdrawl with a teller. Funny thing is, that I'd the only card I really carry a balance on.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.