Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA CLI leads to adverse action???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA CLI leads to adverse action???

I recently requested a CLI on a BoA card. I requested 5k and was approved for 3k. Yesterday I got a letter in the mail from card services informing me of my increase, but it also had a TU letter stating that due to "adverse action" they had to send me a letter. It then listed the key factors that led to me not being approved for my 5k request (which was cool because it told me what I need to improve on). It also gave me my TU FICO of 752.

Now my question is, is this bad at all? Will an "adverse action" show on my CR? Even though I was approved for a higher CLI but not the full amount I requested??

And another questions regarding HP's. Did BoA only pull a HP from TU, or is it considered a HP on all 3 bureaus? I'm really not sure how HP's work.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: BoA CLI leads to adverse action???

You're fine!
The CARD Act just requires them to furnish that info if your request isn't fully approved!
Congrats and don't worry!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
You're fine!
The CARD Act just requires them to furnish that info if your request isn't fully approved!
Congrats and don't worry!

Phew that's a relief! Got worried there for a little bit.

Would it be wise to request that TU CR? Would it be free to request?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can request a free credit report under certain circunstances, one of them is beeing denied credit. You request a 5k cli and they gave you 3k, so that is a credit denial and therefore they got to send you the letter that you where denied credit and that you can request a free credit report from the furnisher in this case TU. Is all completly legal and is not really and adverse action for you, you just didn't get what you fully requested and so they send what the law requires them to do, that's all. Congrats on you cli and request that is free.

Message 4 of 5
Epcot
Valued Contributor

No reason to worry, Congrats on the increase!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.