Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA CLI question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA CLI question

Hello all,

I recently did an app spree after reading these forums and a couple of months of having a Capital one Secured card, approved for all except Amex Green(Shouldve tried zync, i know)

After about a week from the major app spree approval  i decided to app for for a BofA student card. i figured i have all these inquires might as well the them fall off around the same time.

I waited about 2 weeks with the 30 days message, so i gave them a call. rep ask me to verify adress then approved me for 900 cl. i was happy, but after reading everyone here asking for CLI's when they called backdoor's i figured i would too. i told rep i wanted to do  a BT and if there was anyway i could get a CLI. He says how much were you looking for? i didnt want to go overboard so i told him 1500. He then immediately says 900 was all we can give you. I said ok thanks, hung up but it left me wondering, why did he even ask how much i was looking for it he was going to immediately say no?

Thanks for any responses Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: BoA CLI question

Very likely the CSR just entered the information quickly and hit the Luv button on their end, which came back with a quick answer.    You just didn't meet their criteria for an increased CL, but congrats on the approval anyway !!  Smiley Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

I recently did an app spree after reading these forums and a couple of months of having a Capital one Secured card, approved for all except Amex Green(Shouldve tried zync, i know)

After about a week from the major app spree approval  i decided to app for for a BofA student card. i figured i have all these inquires might as well the them fall off around the same time.

I waited about 2 weeks with the 30 days message, so i gave them a call. rep ask me to verify adress then approved me for 900 cl. i was happy, but after reading everyone here asking for CLI's when they called backdoor's i figured i would too. i told rep i wanted to do  a BT and if there was anyway i could get a CLI. He says how much were you looking for? i didnt want to go overboard so i told him 1500. He then immediately says 900 was all we can give you. I said ok thanks, hung up but it left me wondering, why did he even ask how much i was looking for it he was going to immediately say no?

Thanks for any responses Smiley Happy

So fill us in on all the other approvals, love to hear successes.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah,

Congrats OP :-)

Fill us in.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the replies.

Apped and approved for:

Capital one journey 1000 cl

discover more student 500 cl

Citi Divident student 4000 cl

chase freedom 3000 cl (i have a chase checking account)

also had a banana republic card with 1200 cl and a capital one secured card with 300 cl.

and for some reason it doesnt let me log into my other user name, so i had to pick a new one.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.