Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Forcing People to their APP for Free Fico Score

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

BoA Forcing People to their APP for Free Fico Score

Logged in and saw this today, no more Fico score unless I download their app. Not going to happen, I never will use a smartphone for anything. I wont just go with the flow. I also see all these deals being posted here in main CCs and when I check with BoA not a single deal available for either of my cards.. If these 2 cards didnt give me the ability to change the 3% category every month I would shut both of them down. Im getting more selective on who I keep and who goes. Got plenty of other banks willing to give me a Fico score and I dont use their apps....

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: BoA Forcing People to their APP for Free Fico Score

Bad Kudos.png

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 46
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 

Hi, what is it that you don't like about mobile app banking? Do you monitor your accounts on pc only, or https web from your phone browser. 
I personally find apps very convenient, more friendly user... 5 yrs no issues. If you lose your card, you can lock it right away.

Message 3 of 46
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Heck i don't know how to answer that. I mean using Credit Karma is one thing, and i have used and do use certain selective bank apps (2) but i also don't see why they would narrow seeing your FICO Score only on the app instead of both online & app. But that's just me and personal preference.

Message 4 of 46
Goos
Regular Contributor

You could do it from a tablet too . But to each their own.  My assumption is you are in a very small minority and it's just not  a big point to include that on the website anymore when they can use the resources to improve the app that most people do use.  Business is in business to make money and it obviously is not good money to cater to a small crowd that just has not evolved with the technology for whatever reason there may or may not be . 

Message 5 of 46
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

I resisted banking apps for a while.  But check deposits from home using your phone?  Priceless!  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 6 of 46
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@ptatohed 
Full access at any place/time with only one finger, what's not to love? We can even use chat service for flirting and what not, limit increases are almost guaranteed. I dislike making calls as much as eating spinach.

@gdale6 we are about to enter 2022, 
🦖<< don't be that guy, lol, with all due respect.

Message 7 of 46
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

Well at my gym someone broke into the lockers I just always keep my smartphone in my gym shorts but not my wallet. When I found out got on the app and immediately locked all my cards

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 8 of 46
MileHigh96
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Logged in and saw this today, no more Fico score unless I download their app. Not going to happen, I never will use a smartphone for anything. I wont just go with the flow. I also see all these deals being posted here in main CCs and when I check with BoA not a single deal available for either of my cards.. If these 2 cards didnt give me the ability to change the 3% category every month I would shut both of them down. Im getting more selective on who I keep and who goes. Got plenty of other banks willing to give me a Fico score and I dont use their apps....

Unfortunately I think you are going to be in the very small minority on this one.  More and more people are using their smartphone for EVERYTHING, including mobile banking.  I have the apps on my phone for every bank/credit card I do buisness with and it's awesome to have all of that at my fingertips any time I need it.  As others have mentioned, you can control your cards instantly if they are lost or stolen, which is a HUGE plus in these days when identity theft is rampant.  And lots of times, the apps are designed better than the websites are anymore because they are putting more effort into making slick apps versus webpages.  And I even resisted using a mobile wallet for a long time too, but now I am fully invested in Google Pay.  If I forget my wallet for some reason, I still have access to all my payment methods (excpet cash of course, which I rarely ever carry anymore).

What is your hesitancy in not wanting to use the apps?

BK7 discharged - 06JUL2021
Loans:

Revolving Accounts (in the order they were opened):

Closed accounts:
Message 9 of 46
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Many companies are forcing people to apps now. Some electronics can't be set up or used/maintained without apps nowadays. Sooner or later you might not have a choice.

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.