BoA Forcing People to their APP for Free Fico Score

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BoA Forcing People to their APP for Free Fico Score

@Remedios wrote:

@Yasselife wrote:

@ptatohed 
Full access at any place/time with only one finger, what's not to love? We can even use chat service for flirting and what not, limit increases are almost guaranteed. I dislike making calls as much as eating spinach.

@gdale6 we are about to enter 2022, 
🦖<< don't be that guy, lol, with all due respect.

You use banking apps to flirt with digital assistants? 

In my defense, Erica told me we can do Hulu next time 😜  I politely declined cuz she already had plenty of offers from others 🤷🏼‍♂️

Message 21 of 46
Rudy1
Established Contributor

@Remedios HAHA! Erica from Bank of AmeircaSmiley Embarassed!

>
Goal Cards:
Message 22 of 46
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Yasselife wrote:

@ptatohed 
Full access at any place/time with only one finger, what's not to love? We can even use chat service for flirting and what not, limit increases are almost guaranteed. I dislike making calls as much as eating spinach.

@gdale6 we are about to enter 2022, 
🦖<< don't be that guy, lol, with all due respect.

You use banking apps to flirt with digital assistants? 

In my defense, Erica told me we can do Hulu next time 😜  I politely declined cuz she already had plenty of offers from others 🤷🏼‍♂️

I want Chase to name theirs "Chester" so I can "Chester, show me freedom" all day long.

Message 23 of 46
Rudy1
Established Contributor

@FinStar Erica offered me the BankAmeriCard 😂! I said I was fine as I already use another assistant Sydney from Synchrony!

>
Goal Cards:
Message 24 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Rudy1 wrote:

@FinStar Erica offered me the BankAmeriCard 😂! I said I was fine as I already use another assistant Sydney from Synchrony!

Yes, Sydney got jealous (after seeing how may SYNCB accounts I had) and started to stalk me after learning about Erica. So, Sydney got blocked 😂

Message 25 of 46
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

This reminds me of my attempts to sweet talk the UMe Emu. Needless to say it went nowhere and I was saddened as a result

Message 26 of 46
Rudy1
Established Contributor

I fear she may get jealous of me one day and block me and my accounts Smiley Sad

>
Goal Cards:
Message 27 of 46
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Logged in and saw this today, no more Fico score unless I download their app. Not going to happen, I never will use a smartphone for anything. I wont just go with the flow.

Can you explain exactly what you're referring to? I'm confused because I'm logged in right now--on one of my 17.3" Linux laptops using my default browser, SeaMonkey--and my FICO score is right where it always is on BofA. I haven't received any kind of message about its disappearance from the website.

As for companies forcing us to use their apps, I'm with you! I STRONGLY PREFER to use one of my nice, big-screened computers for just about everything, including banking. Venmo not long ago did away with pretty much *all* functionality via browser--it's app or nothing with them, and I resent that.

However, I'm not opposed to banking apps in general, and I use all of mine regularly. After I put my laptop to bed for the night, I grab my 6.5" Android phone and check various accounts, do assorted things, just because--even if I've already checked them on a laptop earlier. I like the freedom of being able to access all of my accounts from *any* device--but I do NOT want to be forced one way or the other.

Also, just a heads-up. I've mentioned before that when I was unexpectedly hospitalized for six months, I was glad that I had already set all of my accounts up on my phone. This sounds contradictory because I had one of my laptops brought to the hospital, since I couldn't focus my eyes well enough to use my phone for anything like banking. But I still highly recommend having all the apps set up and ready to go just in case. Better to have all your account info set up and be familiar with the apps ahead of time, than to hastily figure them out when you're sick.

Please clarify what you saw/read. Try this link and see if it works.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 28 of 46
Rudy1
Established Contributor

@FinStar See what I mean here I think she's hiding something!

syncb.PNG

>
Goal Cards:
Message 29 of 46
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@FinStar Lesson learned... I just checked my phone.

@gdale6  I owe you an apology. 

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.