cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA/ML -- what's their most elite card?

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Re: BoA/ML -- what's their most elite card?

My Travel Rewards is my daily driver. I am Platinum Honors Plus with ML -- 2.63 pts per $1 spend. This is why I was asking. 

Every bank is YMMV as far as I've read here.... BoA has given me by far my largest credit lines and they're still prequalifying me for the other 2 cards on the site. However tempting it is, I MUST garden... haha.

Is it the Merrill Signature+ after reading this forum? My advisor and his Client Associate actually recommended this card a few months ago. No AF.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 11 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@ Thegeekycreditguy, I use the Penfed Cash rewards in conjunction with a Shell fuel rewards card https://www.fuelrewards.com/shop-at-shell.html . Right now averaging 15 cents off a gallon by using them together..no fees for either. I have gotten 25 cents total. I've seen my GF hit around 75 cents a gallon off.

Sounds like a good combo, but I prefer not to get a card that only can be used at a single place, and I have no shell around me lol. Just as a stand alone card the Bofa cash rewards is decent for me for gas right now. 

Maybe check and see if the gas stations around your area offer similar programs​. It's just a rewards card, not a credit card. In the last month I've used it in Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. I just started using the program 3 months ago. Didn't realize how much I could have been saving by swiping it before using my CC.

Message 12 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@cmm89 wrote:

My Travel Rewards is my daily driver. I am Platinum Honors Plus with ML -- 2.63 pts per $1 spend. This is why I was asking. 

Every bank is YMMV as far as I've read here.... BoA has given me by far my largest credit lines and they're still prequalifying me for the other 2 cards on the site. However tempting it is, I MUST garden... haha.

Is it the Merrill Signature+ after reading this forum? My advisor and his Client Associate actually recommended this card a few months ago. No AF.

The Merrill Lynch+ did have a fantastic sign up bonus!

Not sure if it is still being offered. I have that card. 

The rewards are meh after the bonus. But since they've given me such a nice limit. I have a recurring bill on it to keep it active.

Message 13 of 19
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. Even my advisor suggested gardening in other terms. So I'll stay here slowly churning my spade until I feel comfortable applying for it.

EDIT: After my gardening session, I'd like to have it blow my other limits out of the water. I've been told that it can. 

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 14 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@cmm89 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Even my advisor suggested gardening in other terms. So I'll stay here slowly churning my spade until I feel comfortable applying for it.

EDIT: After my gardening session, I'd like to have it blow my other limits out of the water. I've been told that it can. 

Once your scores rise a bit, you'll have no problem doing that with BofA.

Message 15 of 19
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

The Merrill Lynch Octave is probably the highest end offering... Invitation only for folks with very high assets in ML. http://www.doctorofcredit.com/merrill-lynch-octave-premium-credit-card-review/
Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 16 of 19
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Won't be qualifying for that card as of yet Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 19
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@GeorgiaBulldog wrote:
The Merrill Lynch Octave is probably the highest end offering... Invitation only for folks with very high assets in ML. http://www.doctorofcredit.com/merrill-lynch-octave-premium-credit-card-review/

Yeah.. I won't be getting that one either. Smiley Tongue

I'm curious though... Is that card issued by Amex or BoA?

Message 18 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@GeorgiaBulldog wrote:

I believe I read the Octave  is discontinued and people were moved to the Merrill+ card that had the Octave.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.