Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA MLB CC upcoming logo changes

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

BoA MLB CC upcoming logo changes

Some of you may recall discussion on the forum about how earlier this year the links on Bank of America's website to apply for the MLB Mastercard quietly disappeared.    There has been some recent chatter from MLB debit card holders being advised of upcoming changes in their latest statements.

Today's statement for my MLB World Mastercard included the following:

Important Messages

Major Leage Baseball (TM)

We will be making changes to your Major League Baseball (TM) credit card account.

What you need to know  (bold was BoA's)

On January 5, we will send a letter letting you know about the changes to your account.

Also, on January 5, your statements, online banking and other communications will have the Bank of America logo only.

Reading between the lines it sounds like the card will likely just be redesignated as a stock Customized Cash Rewards card.   

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: BoA MLB CC upcoming logo changes

Yep. Debit cards too:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Bank-of-America-Major-League-Baseball-Checking-Ending/...

Makes me sad but I guess there just wasn't enough interest to keep paying the MLB.

Message 2 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I have a MLB, oh well will see who else they have besides the WWF to support and see about a PC to it.

Message 3 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Other than the Komen card most of the alternate-branded versions of the CCR including the WWF card also no longer show up on their website.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 12
pauldc73
Valued Member

I can see my PGA Tour debit mastercard going the same way when it comes up for renewal.  Never been able to see this product listed on the BofA website.

Message 5 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

My conversion letter arrived today.

Coldfusion:

We want to let you know that your Major League Baseball(TM) Customized Cash Rewards credit card will become a Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards credit card because our credit card progrm with Major League Baseball(TM) has ended.

Beginning the middle of March, we'll mail you a new Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards credit card to replace your existing card. <blah blah meow meow meow>

For me that's a downgrade because I use mine to get 5.25% back on gas, and since I also have a Preferred Rewards card I already have the 2.62% band covered.   I'm going to ask if I can get a CCR instead. 

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 6 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting they are downgrading yours. My letter says its being converted to a CCR with the same rewards structure as the MLB card. I would call them now and try to PC it to their CCR before the conversion.

Message 7 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Just got off the phone - the rep was surprised that this was going to be a downgrade, he had to escalate to a manager as he wasn't able to pull up a copy of the letter himself.   Also confirmed that the replacement cards will start going out on March 11th. 

There's no option to request a CCR instead and his only advice was to wait until I get the replacement card and call in again to confirm if there is a PC available. 

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 8 of 12
hzynneb
Valued Member

They are switching me to the UCR, which I don't want. I called and ask to product change my account to a regular CCR. The rep didn't have a clue, was given a number for new account to call in the morning. Anybody know if I can product change it to a regular CCR, before they switch me to UCR? 

Message 9 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@hzynneb wrote:

They are switching me to the UCR, which I don't want. I called and ask to product change my account to a regular CCR. The rep didn't have a clue, was given a number for new account to call in the morning. Anybody know if I can product change it to a regular CCR, before they switch me to UCR? 

See post #8 above,  I was told it can't be PC'd before the switchover.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.