Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Odds of Approval...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Odds of Approval...?

@coldfusion We have never used it since her passing. It just has the same utilities going through it that she herself had setup. Quite frankly, I have not felt up to changing anything. It wasn't very long ago and it seems so upsetting and... Real... To start thinking about that. I'm still in the denial stages. ☹️ Just so I know HOW when I'm ready -- how DO I change, update, and close all the stuff in her name? Just a phone call? Or will I have to send in death certificate and such? 🤷

Message 21 of 35
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion We have never used it since her passing. It just has the same utilities going through it that she herself had setup. Quite frankly, I have not felt up to changing anything. It wasn't very long ago and it seems so upsetting and... Real... To start thinking about that. I'm still in the denial stages. ☹️ Just so I know HOW when I'm ready -- how DO I change, update, and close all the stuff in her name? Just a phone call? Or will I have to send in death certificate and such? 🤷

I'm sorry for your loss.  

I know this stinks because I've been down this path, but it isn't the kind of thing that a/the executor of the estate can choose when they decide to get around to doing things.  Technically her assets including bank accounts should have been frozen and the executor of the estate will need to speak with an attorney anyway to deal with the probate process.

In most cases you will need to provide a copy of the death certificate, and you generally get copies of those from the city clerk in the city or town in whcih she passed.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 22 of 35
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hoben02 Please elaborate a bit. First of all, assuming you establish the Platinum Honors relationship, what does the Cash Rewards percentage increase to? From 3% up to...? Lastly, what do you mean by "in my case it's for covering a rental property which in that case I could get a better return somewhere else"? That confused me a bit...

For the cash rewards for the grocery/warehouse stores I get 3.5%. For the other categories like gas I get 5.25%.

for the premium card I get 3.5% for travel purchases which is a great reason to get this card based on what they count for travel it beats anything in the industry

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion Thank you for your condolences. You are right. I shouldn't have procrastinated. I'm the type that tries to pretend things haven't happened by way of burying my head in the sand. Likely my biggest flaw. I appreciate the heads-up. I will start the process tomorrow morning. 🙏

Message 24 of 35
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion Wow! 5.25% is amazing. Especially if I did it correctly. For example, we are doing a huge kitchen remodel in late 2021, early 2022. So would most everything purchased for it receive 5.25% back?! That would be $2,700 on a $50,000 remodel. That's quite nice! Weirdly enough, my best friend Allen just asked me a couple of months ago about this... I didn't know the answer. Now I do and will share!

There is a cap of $2500 spend per quarter for the 3% categories.  Any category spend in the quarter that exceeds $2500 gets 1% cashback.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion What do you think my chances of approval are? 🤷

Message 26 of 35
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I think they're pretty good, actually.

I don't know how much research you've done on them on this site or elsewhere but their prequalifier is essentially worthless in estimating odds of approval.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 27 of 35
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous Sorry about your grandmothers passing. I would consult an attorney as some else stated. I know BOA advised once my grandfather passes it will become my indidviual account. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA 2/12 Rule Question

So I think I am officially ready to apply for a BoA Card... Maybe? Does the Self Installment Loan count toward the BoA 2/12 Rule?

As of today, I only have 2 accounts newer than 12 Months.

1) Discover Card Oct. 2020.

2) Self Installment Loan Sept. 2020.

So if they overlook Installment Loans in their rule, then I'll be applying tomorrow!

If they do not... I'll have to wait until September...

Thank you for the information!

ALSO -- what Bureau does BoA use for NEW Applications typically?

Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA 2/12 Rule Question

Condolences

Maybe a long shot, but you could possibly assume account and transfer to your name. I was able to do this when my father passed and was not executor of estate. They will pull your credit report just as if new application but will get the age of account and all account info. Most likely Experian Fico 8

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.