Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Premium Rewards? To app or not

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Premium Rewards? To app or not

I've been thinking about apping for the BoA Premium Rewards card and haven't pulled the trigger. The Merrill Lynch Visa is my only other BoA product. I think that I shouldn't have any probelm getting approved (AAoA is around 4.5 years - lots of accounts w/i the past 2-3 years). I curently use my CSR, Freedom, and Freedom Unlimited for 95% of all purchases. PIF every month. 

I will likely be relocating to another area, yay promotions and will need to switch from NFCU (no branches there) to BoA or Chase. I'm too cheap to pay bank fees so either want BoA Platinum Preferred Rewards or Chase Private Client (not sure I'll qualify for PC). I am thinking about moving my IRA over to ML, so I'll be Platinum Preferred. The catch is ML's IRA fees - gosh, it is so much higher than Charles Schwab. Anyway, it'll bring my non bonus spend to 2.625% on the BoA Premium Rewards card vs 2.25% with FU and CSR. Plus, the 50k signup bonus.

I'd likely swtich from the FU for all non-bonus spend to the BoA Preferred Rewards and keep the CSR / Freedoom for bonus categories. 

Anyone have the BoA Premium Rewards? Good experience? Opinions on BoA or Chase for overall banking products (cards/checking)? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Premium Rewards? To app or not

If you are at the top BA PR level, Plat Honor, then BA PR system is hard to beat.  For it most common 321 card, you get 5.25% cold cash on gas and 3.5% on grocery.  That is on $2,500/quarter.  So it is $10,000 spending on gas and grocery per year.

But each sytem has it pros and cons.  You need to decide on your own.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.