Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Visa Platinum Plus to Visa Signature Upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Visa Platinum Plus to Visa Signature Upgrade

Hey all, just wanted to leave a DP since I haven’t seen this particular issue discussed in a while.

I have a BoA Travel Rewards card that started out as a $500 fully secured card once upon a time. One SP and one HP CLI later, the card has been sitting on a $5k CL for a while now. I have been waiting for my address to update before I request an upgrade to Signature - I know it’s not much of a change, but this would be my first Siggy since my CSP application has been stuck in the 2 weeks message for 3 days (I’m an impatient fella).

First I called the number on the back. Spent 45 minutes on and off hold to be disconnected. Second try, the rep said it’s not possible, and I was too tired to escalate. Today I had some time off so I headed into a branch, and the rep there was skeptical, but all in all it took 10 mins over the phone to finish my request. I was told my account number and history wouldn’t change, and I should expect a new card in 2-4 weeks.

There you go. If your BoA card’s CL has grown to over $5k and was wondering about Visa Signature, just walk into a branch and insist that the banker put a call in for you. They even brought the manager out to shake my hand this time around. BoA’s phone service is crap, but the branch experience can be worth parking a few grand in their 0.01% savings I guess.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Visa Platinum Plus to Visa Signature Upgrade

From my experience the phone reps are great... They're usually the softest speaking people I've dealt with too. Smiley Happy

It's the branch tellers you have to worry about --- those people don't give a hoot how poorly you've been treated by BoA, theyll still talk down to you, act rude, and not try to be helpful. 

Message 2 of 3
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Visa Platinum Plus to Visa Signature Upgrade

@Anonymous wrote:

From my experience the phone reps are great... They're usually the softest speaking people I've dealt with too. Smiley Happy

It's the branch tellers you have to worry about --- those people don't give a hoot how poorly you've been treated by BoA, theyll still talk down to you, act rude, and not try to be helpful. 

In the 2 years I've been a BoA banking customer, I've talked to a teller one time, to have her break a $20 I got out of the ATM. I only did that because it was easier than asking for change at the car wash Smiley Very Happy

There is nothing a physical teller has been able to do for me that I can't do for myself. Absolutely love their US-based phone support. I have never had an issue with their CSR's. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.