Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Visa Signature?

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

BoA Visa Signature?

Hello!

I was recently approved for a CLI from 3.7K to 10K on my BoA Travel Rewards card. Does anyone have any experience with trying to get BoA to upgrade the card from a Visa to a Visa Signature? It's my daily driver and my favorite card. Who should I contact to upgrade, and is it likely they'll do it?

Any and all help is appreciated.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: BoA Visa Signature?

You can call and ask, chances are its now a Signature version, or you can just request a "replacement card" which would probably come in as a Signature. That said, there really is no feature benefit of a Signature or World Elite MC for most people - almost all my cards are Signatures or "world" with one a WEMC - I've yet to ever use any so called benefit (note that I no longer air travel much).

My BoA Cash Rewards card started in 2016 at $2k, went to $10k, then $15k and I've still got the original non-signature card. My BoA travel Rewards vcard started at $15k and is now $25k and is the Signature version - all the same to me. 

Message 2 of 14
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Understood. If it doesn't cost me anything I'd like to get it upgraded anyhow. Maybe as a subtle reminder of how far I've come in my credit rebuilding journey. 

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 3 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

You can call them and ask them to change it to a Visa Signature product, but it will likely take about 4-6 weeks before you receive the new one.  I also like the VS and WEMC when they're options, but I have a few very high limit cards that are neither.

Message 4 of 14
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

I just called ML and they told me it was issued as a Visa Platinum when my CLI occurred. Is that better?

EDIT: I had looked around the web and could barely find anything on it. It looks like it almost doesn't exist anymore.

Message 5 of 14
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

It really doesn't matter.  I used to care about whether my MC was World or World Elite, but after looking up card benefits for various products I found that the banks determine what benefits each product will come with and the association label is pretty much meaningless.

I would only be concerned if BoA offered a different set of benefits for VPlat vs. VSig.  I can't seem to find the terms for either on their site.

Message 6 of 14
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Gotcha. Just curious.

Thanks for your reply!

Message 7 of 14
roxy72
Valued Member

(Hand Raised) I have!!  Within the past two months.  So I had the Travel Rewards credit card from BOA with a cli of $2700.  I requested a credit increase of $10,000 and they countered me with $6700 so I then requested a recon for $8000 and they approved my reqeust.  I then did a product change to the cash rewards.  Then I thought to myself, hey, I'm way over the limit of getting a Visa Sig.  So I called in and requested to be changed to a signature.  Rep sent reqquest.  I got an email a few days  later that request was approved then they sent out my new card.  BOA is good to you if you're good to them.  

Seedling till 5/15/19
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmm89 wrote:

I just called ML and they told me it was issued as a Visa Platinum when my CLI occurred. Is that better?

EDIT: I had looked around the web and could barely find anything on it. It looks like it almost doesn't exist anymore.

So they didn't grant your request for a visa signature? They should definitely be able to. The Visa Platinum is the basic version, I believe for Bofa (read it in their terms and condition) that if your limit is over 5k you get a visa signature. You should call back and talk to someone else to upgrade you. 

Message 9 of 14
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

The Rep with ML that I just spoke to said the Platinum was better than the Sig. She said she'd overnight the new card with all the same info.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.