Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA making amends

tag
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

BoA making amends

So I was carrying a balance on my BoA, never above 50% of the limit, and when I paid it off 6 months ago they slashed my limit from 3000 to 500  GRRRR

Anywho, I was bored, and what do we do when we're bored? call for CLIs Smiley Very Happy

Long story short:  I told him my income, no income verification was required.  He pulled a soft inquiry.  Boom, back up to $3500.  I probably should have asked for more, i picked $3500 because it was $100 below my highest limit (Discover More)

Regardless, I'm happy, and I'm now thinking about what other lenders I have that might give CLIs from soft inquiries.  Chase, Discover, AMEX?  Had them all 2 years with only DIscover giving me a CLI.  This was my first consumer initiated CLI, I had never asked for one until just now.  I know my bank will likely have to hit me with a hard to give me a CLI (First Tennessee).

[edit]  This brought my utilization ratio from 43% to 36%.  Though I'm not worried about it, because I will have all but $1000 of that paid off by the time I buy a car in a few months.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Re: BoA making amends

Chase and Discover both need hard pull. Discover has $2000 limit/CLI. Chase only gives me few hundreds everytime I call so I'm not gonna waste any hard pull with them anymore.

Coolest is US Bank, CLI on multiple CCs, and LOC with 1 phone call and soft pull. They also tell you the day/month that you will be elligible for the next CLI request. And they let you move CL between CCs.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

tengtengvn wrote:  Coolest is US Bank, CLI on multiple CCs, and LOC with 1 phone call and soft pull. They also tell you the day/month that you will be elligible for the next CLI request. And they let you move CL between CCs.

Hey teng,

Love USBank, but have not app'd for card just yet.

Who did they soft for you?  Our local USBanker says they will pull EXP to open a CC - are they also softing EXP?

Message 3 of 4
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Yup... I'm in NorCal. They hard-pulled Equifax when I opened the account and soft-pulled Experian. But for CLI, they only soft Equifax. Not sure about TU since I can't get the TU report from annualcreditreport.com for some reason.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.