Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA moving credit lines New Limit $20,900

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA moving credit lines New Limit $20,900

I was a bit leery of calling the BoA constrictor this morning with my goal of moving my Cash Rewards limit to Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card and closing Cash Rewards entirely.

The benefits on the Cash Rewards card are not as beneficial as those on my other cards, and Alaska Airlines will be a primary use card.

Spoke with analyst Vicki who was extremely nice and happy to help.

My new limit on my Alaska card is now $20,900. And I haven't even received my new Alaska card yet - it was just mailed on Friday!

Special thanks and a very enthusiastic shout out to baller4 and CreditMagic7 for both of your helpful guidance and advice about taking this step. I really appreciate both of your expertise and assistance!

Very, very excited! 

My new limit of $20,900 showed online in my account immediately.

Thank you, BoA. You're not so much of a constrictor now Smiley Happy

article-2526337-1A32666600000578-169_634x335.jpg

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BoA moving credit lines New Limit $20,900

If you don't mind me asking...did you have to burn an HP to get this done?  I have the Cash and Travel Rewards and may want to move the limits around.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

If you don't mind me asking...did you have to burn an HP to get this done?  I have the Cash and Travel Rewards and may want to move the limits around.

Hi Loquat,

From what I have seen on the board, myfico members have had varied results between SP and HP when combining cards with BoA. I'd say to call one of the analyst numbers in the backdoor numbers sticky and see what they are able to do for you.

The analyst I spoke with seemed to indicate it would be an SP no matter what, regardless of the fact that I'd just taken an HP for the card (that did not seem to be a factor at all based on what she told me),  but I've seen situations on the board where it did end up being a HP for some people, and an SP for others.

Keep in mind in my situation - I was moving a limit and then closing one of the cards. I'm not certain if moving the limits around and keeping both cards open is more likely to incur a HP. It may also depend on the anaylst you speak with, since myfico members have had varied results.

Best to make it clear at the beginning of the conversation that you only wish to proceed if it is an SP. It was very seamless and quick in my situation, just a few income and job questions.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Very happy about this outcome for you humuhumun.

Aware of how vital this would prove to be to your long term goal with the Alaska account it must be a welcome relief now.

Plus it looks like there is more good business relationship with them for you yet to come in the future too. Smiley Happy

The results turned out just as I expected they would for you.

BofA really rocks!!

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Very happy about this outcome for you humuhumun.

Aware of how vital this would prove to be to your long term goal with the Alaska account it must be a welcome relief now.

Plus it looks like there is more good business relationship with them for you yet to come in the future too. Smiley Happy

The results turned out just as I expected they would for you.

BofA really rocks!!

Definitely agree, CM7! Very excited about the future with this and the relationship as well.

Your guidance was invaluable and thanks for your support! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well done HumuSmiley Happy im happy to see you getting things done sooner rather than latter even though im sure in time you would have eventually done so. Boa (s) can constrict and can grow quite large. I guess they wanted to show you their other sideSmiley Wink. Enjoy, and to think , even before you get the card, NICESmiley Happy
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Well done HumuSmiley Happy im happy to see you getting things done sooner rather than latter even though im sure in time you would have eventually done so. Boa (s) can constrict and can grow quite large. I guess they wanted to show you their other sideSmiley Wink. Enjoy, and to think , even before you get the card, NICESmiley Happy

LOL@ AverageJoes! Sounds as if you have personally had some boa constrictor experience. Smiley Happy

Thanks, AverageJoes. I'm pleased too and was glad that they were willing to do this before I even had received or activated the new card! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Note that the BankAmericard Cash Reward can be compelling if you also have the maxed 75% redemption booster from Preferred Rewards ($100K tier). Assets held in a Merrill CMA or retirement account count too, so that's nice. Comes out to 5.25% on gas and 3.50% on groceries. I put those two categories on this card.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Note that the BankAmericard Cash Reward can be compelling if you also have the maxed 75% redemption booster from Preferred Rewards ($100K tier). Assets held in a Merrill CMA or retirement account count too, so that's nice. Comes out to 5.25% on gas and 3.50% on groceries. I put those two categories on this card.

Glad it is working for you, jashsu.

I end up getting 5% on gas from Sam's Club Mastercard and 6% cash back on groceries with BCP, and without having to deposit 100k with BoA, though!

The 3-2-1 structure kind of pales by comparison when you compare it to other cards.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

>Glad it is working for you, jashsu.

>

>I end up getting 5% on gas from Sam's Club Mastercard and 6% cash back on groceries with BCP, and without having to deposit 100k with BoA, though!

>The 3-2-1 structure kind of pales by comparison when you compare it to other cards.

Nice. Last year I hit the max $6000 eligible spend on BCP 6% category. Decided to PC it down to BCE instead of renew at the new $95 tier.

You're right though that the BACR isn't as competitive w/o the Preferred Rewards booster, so that is specific to every individual cardholder. No AF is nice though.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.