Did you mean: 

BoA "Coins" Bonuses Discontinuing 2/25/2021

tag
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA "Coins" Bonuses Discontinuing 2/25/2021

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@Aahz wrote:

I've only used one BankAmerideal in the 5 years and never earned a single coin, so that may be why I didn't get the pop-up.  However I checked the BankAmerideals FAQ and it states- 

Coins expire approximately every two months and you will restart at Level 1. Coin expiration dates through February 2021 are: Nov. 26 2019; Jan. 30 2020; Apr. 9 2020; Jun. 18 2020; Aug. 28 2020; Nov. 12 2020; and Feb. 25 2021 (note that expirations occur at 11:59 p.m. ET on each date). The Coins feature will be ending in February 2021. We hope you continue to enjoy BankAmeriDeals and look forward to bringing you additional reward opportunities.

It appears they have extended the life of the Coins program slightly. The FAQ still says what @Aahz pasted above, but as of today I am seeing this:

Coins snip.PNG

The funny thing is, I had completely ignored these deals and coins until I saw this thread. I had a sense that none of the deals were ever for places I wanted to shop. Either I was wrong or that suddenly changed, because I effortlessly used three of them in the past few weeks at my go-to grocery store, Panera, and TurboTax. Having exhausted my organic spend opportunities, I then sought one more minimally costly offer to earn the Coins bonus. Oh, what's this? $5 back for spending $4.99 on Peacock TV! That fits the bill perfectly. So I'm now being paid 1 cent, or $5.01 if you like, to watch reruns of the Office. 

Did they give this two-week extension to me because I'm special actively earning coins at the last minute? Or is everyone seeing the same 3/10 expiration date that I am?

I came to update this post with the extension but it appears you already caught this. I just managed to get my first coin organically yesterday, and when I went to check the expiration date, I noticed it was extended to 3/10. It must have been to everyone to give them longer to get the last coin(s).

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got an email from BoA "Check out new deals and earn more with BankAmeriDeals ® Coins"

I thought they discontinued the coins program.  But it seems they extended it.  The email makes no mention of it expiring.

When I go into my Bank Amerideals it says "Your coins will expire on 03/10/2021 at 11:59 PM".  That sounds more like my coins are expiring, but maybe it's the whole program?  I'm confusicated.

Message 12 of 14
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got an email from BoA "Check out new deals and earn more with BankAmeriDeals ® Coins"

I thought they discontinued the coins program.  But it seems they extended it.  The email makes no mention of it expiring.

When I go into my Bank Amerideals it says "Your coins will expire on 03/10/2021 at 11:59 PM".  That sounds more like my coins are expiring, but maybe it's the whole program?  I'm confusicated.

Ya, it is confusing, especially since even with the email stating the coins are ending, the website still said expiring. I think we'll just have to see what happens after the 10th.

Message 13 of 14
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Must be gone early. I don't see any coins now on the deals page even though it said 11:59pm tonight. RIP coins!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.