Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA rocks!

tag
mataspeed
Established Member

BoA rocks!

I just got a credit increase for my BoA card from 3800 to 6000 using the website. **bleep** that was easy! I should've asked for more Smiley Sad And an increase to 3100 from 1500 on my other BoA card.... Not that I'm going to use it because I get cash back on my other cards but heck it helps my utilization. Smiley Tongue
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mataspeed
Established Member

Re: BoA rocks!

omg I just went to Amex and did the online credit increase thing and got an increase from 3800 to 10,000. It's freakin christmas!
Message 2 of 10
oracles
Valued Contributor

have you used your Amex consistently and do you PIF all the time? How long have you had the card? Congrats - you rock
Message 3 of 10
mataspeed
Established Member

All I've used was my Amex since it had the 6 month no interest promotion period. So I pretty much charged everything to it while keeping money in my bank earning interest, I only paid the minimum. I just went online right now and did an increase so now it's at 3000/10000 which will be PIFed this month because the promotional period is ending. I've had my Amex for 4-5 months. I'm just very surprised that I was approved for such a high credit line considering I'm only 20 with 2 years of credit history Smiley Happy Gonna try my chase card now, should receive a reply by tomorrow. It currently has 2k limit (lame!)
Message 4 of 10
oracles
Valued Contributor

hey remember, if you CLI with chase, that is going to be a hard inquiry so be mindful
Message 5 of 10
mataspeed
Established Member

Too late, already did it. But thanks, I don't plan on any big purchases anytime soon so I think I'm good Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

mataspeed wrote:
I just got a credit increase for my BoA card from 3800 to 6000 using the website. **bleep** that was easy! I should've asked for more Smiley Sad And an increase to 3100 from 1500 on my other BoA card.... Not that I'm going to use it because I get cash back on my other cards but heck it helps my utilization. Smiley Tongue

Which/What BofA cards do you have and how long have you had them?
Message 7 of 10
mataspeed
Established Member

Student platinum visa for 2 years, started with 1k credit line, now it's 3.1k. World pts visa for 1 year started with 1.2k now 6k.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 4k went to 10k -because I had an open "loan" that I never ever used. So they transferred it into credit on a backdoor phone number. Then I put my car loan on that with a 4.5% balance transfer ......
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mataspeed wrote:

I did that last week. I asked for a CLI from 7,100. to 13K, but all I got was 11,700. Which is fine by me, cause that took my util on that card from 64% to 39%, as I have an active BT on it. I haven't done my other BoA card because that one's rarely used and is already at $13,900.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.