cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA secured card - adding an AU

tag
Chups

BoA secured card - adding an AU

I have a secured card from BoA with a $1000 limit. I got it about 3 months ago, I always pay in full and when my utilization exceeds 9% I make intermediate payments.

I have a friend with horrible credit, c/o's, collections. She tried to apply for a secured BoA card and she was denied. I'd like to help her by adding her as an AU.

My questions:

1) Could BoA deny my request to make her an AU (either because of her credit or because the previous denial by BoA)

2) Would it hurt my chances of "graduating" to a regular card?

I'm a foreign national, I do not live in the US. I do not have a SSN. Maybe that by itself would prevent me from graduating to an unsecured card, I don't know.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: BoA secured card - adding an AU

Message 2 of 4
Chups

I am going to transfer more money to my checkings at BoA and I think I'll open up a savings account with them as well, Im hoping that would make me a more valuable customer in their eyes. I applied for 1 2 3 rewards yesterday on my secured card, cs rep reviewed my account and told me I'll get a new card in 2-4 weeks with the awards added. I guess I'll be doing a little more spending with that card Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Chups

Anyone?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.