Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to begin charging annual fee?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: BoA to begin charging annual fee?

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

It is so funny that everyone on here thinks that they are so Elite I lol whenever I come on here

Well, certain amount of that , it is true.    But really, once you are as elite as us, you will realize that CSRs tend to know very little of future plans, they are told (sometimes) at rollout.   At best, a good CSR will know the features of a product and be able to dicsuss the differences between cards.   Quite frequently, not even that.

(And not because they are bad or stupid, just it is often a high pressure yet low level job, with strict call metrics to meet and getting you off the phone sort of happy is a goal, even if what was said isn't quite true)

Message 21 of 23
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

I honestly cannot see this being true unless BofA has decided to abandon their CC business (and since it's one of their biggest profit generators I don't see why they would).

There are literally hundreds of No AF cards in a highly competitive marketplace. Adding an AF onto no-AF cards would be akin to corporate malpractice.
Message 22 of 23
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

Last week a BoA rep told me soon they will begin charging everyone an annual fee...

This was a rumour...back in 2009!  Smiley LOL  There was talk at the time, and various reports, that BofA was going to start charging fees ranging from $29-$99 for their cards.  Has yet to materialise.  Perhaps that CSR was/is caught in a time warp. Smiley Surprised

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.