Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

tag
Thatficotho
Valued Member

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

This starts Monday, according to DoC. This is true for Credit Line Increases & Cash Advance Increases

See: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-of-america-to-stop-hard-pulling-for-credit-limit-increases/
Message 4 of 974
973 REPLIES 973
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

DoC reporting BoA to stop pulling HPs for CLI requests

Doctor of Credit is reporting that as of next Monday BoA will stop making HPs in response to requests for cash advance and credit limit increases. 

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-of-america-to-stop-hard-pulling-for-credit-limit-increases/

I'll probably put this to the test and request a smallish CLI on my BBR on Monday,  as I'm eligible to request one. 

(I expect a denial but I'll request anyway.)

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DoC reporting BoA to stop pulling HPs for CLI requests

Well this is great news. I won’t mentioned my past HPs for CLI. Oh wait, I just did. Lol.
Message 2 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DoC reporting BoA to stop pulling HPs for CLI requests

Nice!!! I hope others follow.

Now, if they could stop doing HPs for new applications Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

Thanks for sharing! This is good news for a lot of our members! 

Message 5 of 974
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

Very exciting! Just coming up on 6 months now on one of my accounts!

Message 6 of 974
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I hope K's not paying attention to this thread...

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 974
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Adkins wrote:

I hope K's not paying attention to this thread...

Argh!!!!  Just did one at the end of April.  Still don't think they'll let me get past $99,900, though.  At least now I know it won't hurt to ask and hopefully I'll avoid another HP when I combine my Cash Rewards into my Travel Rewards at some point this summer.  Of my 15 TU inquiries in the past 2 years, 7 are Bank of America CLI requests.  (Also have pair of EX pulls from them in the past 2 years.)

Message 8 of 974
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I just took a HP a few weeks ago for a CLI. Maybe I can get them to take it back? LOL. On the bright side it was an increase of 20k so it may have been worth it. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 9 of 974
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Peteyglad haha not happening.  Congrats on your CLI, though.  I had a really good run the past 17 months; unfortunately this last time resulted in me getting a $5600 CLI on one card, then a request for a CLI on a 2nd card went pending and they gave me $4400... but they took $10k from the previous card to do it... putting me right back at $100 shy.  Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 974
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.