Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

Hmm nice. Guess I’ll request a CLI on 3 of my cards Monday although I was denied a month ago lol
Message 11 of 974
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

If anyone tries this please be sure to report back.

I’ve got the CLI link on my accounts but I’ve been waiting until I’m ready to app (again) for the Premier Rewards card so I could get them to pull TU for all of it. However if they don’t pull I may just go for the CLI now and just take the EX pull for the new app later.
Message 12 of 974
jaytatis
Established Member

i just recently recieved an Auto CLI from them...

should i be good to go to request on monday? lol

they are about to get pounded out

Scores Via CreditKarma TU 814, EQ 814

BOA Cash Rewards 70,000 CL
Discover IT 33,200 CL CL
Chase Sapphire 31,500
American Express Everyday 20,000 CL
American Express Blue Cash Everyday 20,000 CL
Citi Double Cash 26,100 CL
Citi Diamond Preferred 21,100 CL
Sync Care Credit 20,000
Apple Card 15,000
Message 13 of 974
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If only Chase would follow suit...
Message 14 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is great news! I wonder if it'll be a 6 month cycle per card, or per account (like AMEX)?

@simplynoir
Message 15 of 974
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Well this is good news.  I've got 4 cards with them now.  Would be nice if they'd extend the no HP to those wanting to reallocate limits.  

Message 16 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh man if this is true I will be hitting them up for an increase on my BBR (itself opened from credit reallocation from my Visa back in '09). I will, of course, let you all try it first and report back Smiley LOL Daddy isn't trying to get a bunch of HPs. 

Message 17 of 974
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

SWEET! My last increase was right before Christmas last year. I have the link right now so I might test the waters on this next week and ask for another $5k or $10k. Even though I don't really need it- it would put me closer to having my first $50k CL.
BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 18 of 974
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Great info OP! BOA will be inundated with requests beginning next week for sure.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 19 of 974
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Wonder what motivates this.    I assume that there is no great gain for BoA getting myFico-like people requesting CLIs that they will never use, and normals that actually need a credit line increase probably don't know or care about HPs.   So maybe it is just cost-saving, guessing that doing a SP is cheaper than a HP

Message 20 of 974
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.