Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

@longtimelurker wrote:

Wonder what motivates this.    I assume that there is no great gain for BoA getting myFico-like people requesting CLIs that they will never use, and normals that actually need a credit line increase probably don't know or care about HPs.   So maybe it is just cost-saving, guessing that doing a SP is cheaper than a HP

They're already getting monthly SPs to give you your FICO score, which means they're essentially going from HP to no pull for CLIs if they can base it on the monthlys.  This is how Amex does it, which is why when you do CLI with Amex you often get a score from a report that is weeks old.

Message 21 of 974
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Too bad I'm already topped out with these guys. lol
Good news for those still in the running.😀
My reports show more hard pulls from BofA and USAA than any other lenders.lol
Message 22 of 974
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
Too bad I'm already topped out with these guys. lol
Good news for those still in the running.😀
My reports show more hard pulls from BofA and USAA than any other lenders.lol

Same here--lots of HPs from B of A and from USAA over the last 3-4 years. Only difference is I've had B of A less than 2 years and every TU HP resulted in a substancial increase....with USAA they've stiffed me most of the time---and I've had USAA a lot longer Smiley Frustrated. Even more interesting the "change credit limit" link showed up on my acct. for the first time in 4 years a couple of mos. ago-LOL.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 23 of 974
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I wish an Anaconda would eat the BOASmiley Wink. My TU is littered with the carcasses of dead hpsSmiley Sad
Message 24 of 974
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I wish an Anaconda would eat the BOASmiley Wink. My TU is littered with the carcasses of dead hpsSmiley Sad

Did B of A give you anything for each of them? Or did you have similar past results like I had with USAA and Chase?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 25 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Now show me the Luv button.
Message 26 of 974
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Did B of A give you anything for each of them? Or did you have similar past results like I had with USAA and Chase?

I have nothing to show for them 3 cli requests denied due to income , no assets with them, and supposedly at max for my income, 1 hp recently for a card app that they had as offer WITH single apr lol. ( also tried another cli request just to see, also denied) I guess I like to see if fire still burnsSmiley Wink.....They keep emailing me offers for $100 offer to open a checking account. Shaa, Right, like Wayne would say. As ifSmiley Wink

Message 27 of 974
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Wonder what motivates this.    I assume that there is no great gain for BoA getting myFico-like people requesting CLIs that they will never use, and normals that actually need a credit line increase probably don't know or care about HPs.   So maybe it is just cost-saving, guessing that doing a SP is cheaper than a HP

They're already getting monthly SPs to give you your FICO score, which means they're essentially going from HP to no pull for CLIs if they can base it on the monthlys.  This is how Amex does it, which is why when you do CLI with Amex you often get a score from a report that is weeks old.

There are also some slightly-informed people who know about HPs but overestimate the impact of a modest few.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 28 of 974
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

Do you think we still will need to wait for the option to show up online to request a CLI? Or can we just call on monday to put in the request?

Message 29 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing!! I am excited because I recently got approved for travel rewards for SL 1000 $. Have had enough share of inquiries on credit report so was not going to take a chance for getting CLI with HP. Now with this news, I can be peaceful and request for CLI later this month.

Message 30 of 974
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.