Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

This is great news for those of us who are gardening.

Message 31 of 974
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

you guys are so lucky to get CLIs. I tried multiple times and every time they give me different reasons. First it was my high balances, now after paying off 90% of my balances down, now they say too many credit inquiries and already have sufficient credit available on other cards. I mean why do you care if other banks gave me higher credit. I am very near to close this card now. Stuck at 500 for long.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 32 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

What would be even better, is a SP for a new account as an existing customer. Since I already have checking and Savings with them, a SP for one of their CC woudln't hurt them too much. Smiley Happy

But truthfully, I need another CC like I need a hole in my head.

Message 33 of 974
601flyguy
Established Contributor

This is great news! Now I will expand my relationship with BoA. This is the only card i have that did HP for cl which is why its my lowest CL. Ive never taken a HP for cli and dont plan to any time soon.

While we're on the subject, my comenity accounts no longer shows the check box to grant for them to do a HP. Has comenity went SP too??
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 34 of 974
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@601flyguy wrote:
This is great news! Now I will expand my relationship with BoA. This is the only card i have that did HP for cl which is why its my lowest CL. Ive never taken a HP for cli and dont plan to any time soon.

While we're on the subject, my comenity accounts no longer shows the check box to grant for them to do a HP. Has comenity went SP too??

Comenity has always been a SP for CLIs. The only reason you would check that box is to be considered for a higher increase amount than you might receive with a SP--otherwise if you don't check it you could still qualify for an increase.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 35 of 974
601flyguy
Established Contributor

@ credit-hoarder, i understand that. I went from 6k to 32k with SP increases, never checking the box. But now there is not even a box to check, not even an option for a HP anymore. Thats what i was getting at.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 36 of 974
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

We're getting a bit off-topic, but yeah the optional box on my BJ's card seems to have disappeared in the past month or so.  That only lasted a few months.

Message 37 of 974
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

We're getting a bit off-topic, but yeah the optional box on my BJ's card seems to have disappeared in the past month or so.  That only lasted a few months.

Yeah-I just checked my Sportsman's Guide (although I'm not eligible for another increase for 2 more mos.) and the check-box was gone. But they did have another BT offer for me though.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 38 of 974
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

This is quick for it to show back up just had a CLI in March just checked my BoA account and blu CLI link is there.

Message 39 of 974
trant3
Established Contributor

DoC states little anectdote of SP CLI implemented thus tried for a CLI on 123 card with 3 reports frozen yesterday, CA called said to unfreeze.

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 40 of 974
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.