Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

tag
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

I'm waiting until I see the text on the cli page change. How often can you request cli with BoA?

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 41 of 974
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

Does this mean you're allowed to request a CLI without saying the request link if you call in?

Message 42 of 974
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@QuakerOatmeal wrote:

Does this mean you're allowed to request a CLI without saying the request link if you call in?

If I understand your question correctly, given that their CSRs have limited information on the matter, you will probably not know until Monday if calls and online requests are treated equally regarding SP inquiries CLI requests.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 43 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will they modify CLI page, or you have to ask for SP by calling them?

Message 44 of 974
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Will they modify CLI page, or you have to ask for SP by calling them?

On Monday you will know for sure, as some will phone in and others will request online. I'm sure folks will be reporting their results on this thread as well as on 'Approvals.'

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 45 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!! This is great news! Looking forward to investigating further on Monday. I have had my 2nd BOA card for 2 statements now, should I wait until the 6th one to even try for a CLI?

Also, I am curious (and hoping) if the amount requested option will be taken off so that no money is left on the table, I believe Discover did this, I didn't ask for a specific amount but they gave me as much as I could get.
Message 46 of 974
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@601flyguy wrote:

How often can you request cli with BoA?

EDIT: Every 3 months. Wow!!!

- - - - - -

Currently, every 6 months. Not sure what the frequency will be beginning Monday.

Message 47 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

ill probably request a increase after i pay mine off in July. It has had a BT on it for like 2 years now.

Message 48 of 974
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@SOGGIE wrote:

@601flyguy wrote:

How often can you request cli with BoA?

Currently, every 6 months. Not sure what the frequency will be beginning Monday.

• On my Premium Rewards card, I got a $7,300 4 months after opening it.
  • On my Travel Rewards card, I got a $10,600 CLI 3 months after a $8,100 CLI, waited 9 months before asking again and got a $10,100 CLI, then got a $5,600 CLI 3 months later (which was reallocated and more 2 days later to another card's CLI request and I then closed that other card and moved its $38,000 limit to this one). 
  • On my very recently closed BankAmericard, I got a $9,600 CLI 3 months after opening it, a $13,000 CLI 3 months later (opened my Cash Rewards the same day and they used $6,000 of that CLI as most of the SL for the card), 3 months later I got a $5,000 CLI, 3 months after that I got denied for a CLI on when I tried 4-CLIs-in-1-month-for-1-HP (sufficient credit with BoA and/or its affiliates), 3 months later I got a $4,400 CLI but on manual review they took $10k from the other card that the computer had just given me a $5,600 CLI on).
  • On DW's card, she got a $20,000 CLI 3 months after receiving a $15,000 CLI, then 4 months later got another $10,000 CLI.

That's 8 data points within the past 2 years of receiving a CLI 3-4 months after the previous one or after card opening.  General wisdom has been that if the blue link shows up in your account, you are eligible for a CLI as long as your profile supports it.  For me the link has usually disappeared a few days after being granted a CLI and returned at about 3 months.

Message 49 of 974
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Thanks k! Thats exactly what i wanted to know.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 50 of 974
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.