Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

Wow! Awesome! Some people are still spooked by them saying we may pull a report in the verbiage after pressing the love button. I just got a new card from boa after 11 years of having one through them, October 22nd, got $14k, when and what should I ask for next? 140k income, see all cards below. I got a measly $1k auto CLI from boa on my old card in September, think i could get anything out of that? Bankamericard Visa 🤓 I have gotten a total of two new cards after 3 years, one auth user as a third.

Message 761 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can ask for a CLI every three months.  You will know when its time because a URL stating "Request a credit line increase" starts showing up in your account.  Ask for whatever amount you're comfortable with; if its too much BoA will make a counteroffer.

Message 762 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Is the url different than just logging in online and going to the card and seeing the button there?

Message 763 of 974
Dahlia77
Regular Contributor

Usually, you just log in to your home page and there will be a link there to hit on on your account page for Requeast a limit increase. I just upped mine so I'm not seeing the link but yeah, it should be there if you have's used it recently.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! Is the url different than just logging in online and going to the card and seeing the button there?

Message 764 of 974
Dahlia77
Regular Contributor

It's hard to tell with the cards you've had for year.  You just got an auto CLI on that one so I'm pretty sure you've got to wait the three months to give it a try.  I know I had a Bankamericard that started at 3500 when I was rebuiding and they auto CLI'd to $5000 and converted into a Cashback without my asking.  That card I've hit up once and they took it up to $15,000, no counter offer.  So YMMV but it's a soft pulll so it's always worth it in my book to see if the card has the potential for growth. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow! Awesome! Some people are still spooked by them saying we may pull a report in the verbiage after pressing the love button. I just got a new card from boa after 11 years of having one through them, October 22nd, got $14k, when and what should I ask for next? 140k income, see all cards below. I got a measly $1k auto CLI from boa on my old card in September, think i could get anything out of that? Bankamericard Visa 🤓 I have gotten a total of two new cards after 3 years, one auth user as a third.

Message 765 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Party time! 🎉 I saw the button, it’s been there forever but I wasn’t aware it would be a soft pull until recently! I just went from $3,500 to $9,500! I asked for $20,000 but they countered with that. I did just get a new card for $14,000 two months ago so maybe that factored into it.

Message 766 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Just went from $3,500 to $9,500! 🤩

Message 767 of 974
Dahlia77
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!  Wait another 4 months and you'll probably be able to double it!
@Anonymous wrote:

Party time! 🎉 I saw the button, it’s been there forever but I wasn’t aware it would be a soft pull until recently! I just went from $3,500 to $9,500! I asked for $20,000 but they countered with that. I did just get a new card for $14,000 two months ago so maybe that factored into it.

Message 768 of 974
Bostonito
Established Member

Just used the "request CLI" link in online banking and got the message "You will receive a written decision in 7 to 10 business days." Smiley Sad From what I read on the forum this is most likely a denial.

Had an existing CL of $400, asked for $5,000, figuring I would get a counter-offer anyway. Maybe it has to do with not being an US citizen and only having limited credit history. Income and savings in my BoA accounts speak for me.

Message 769 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lame 😒 let us know what happens. I requested a CLI on a us bank card my husband has had for 3 years and we got the 7-10 day message, he has a $3k line but there have never been any auto increases and he has excellent credit and has been approved for two new cards at $14k each from other companies. I’m waiting for the letter to show up, his available credit hasn’t gone up in the app and it’s been a week so I’m thinking denial but couldn’t imagine why 🤯 if they deny him for that we’re never using that card again except minor transactions to keep it alive.

Message 770 of 974
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.