Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

It will always show that 'pull' paragraph when you're aksing for CLI. My last 2 requests were both Soft Pulls with the 'pull' paragraph.

Message 841 of 974
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Requested another $5K CLI on my Premium Rewards card over the weekend, as is usual for me nowadays it went to manual review and was approved this morning with a SP.   Logged in and confirmed it was not reallocated from elsewhere.  Now $121K aggregate CL from BoA. 

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 842 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and requested CLI for my BofA card, I got the increase but i also received a paper mail notice informing my new limit and a note about my credit score and the reporting agency which was used to make decision. Does this mean I got increase after HP?

Message 843 of 974
Poppa
Established Contributor

I'm still waiting on my luv button to show up. 4.5 months so far. I started with a BankAmericard with a balance transfer. I paid it off and PC'd to the Cash Rewards card. I might be one of the people that have to wait 6 months before it shows. 

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 844 of 974
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Re: DoC reporting BoA to stop pulling HPs for CLI requests

This is great...now Wells Fargo and a few others need to follow suit....it's ridiculous to pull an HP for every credit account transaction...

Message 845 of 974
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Give them a call and request, its still a SP.

My last cli, i had to call because the luv button dissapeared. I believe it disappeared when I went over my cl. I paid most of it and gave them a call. 

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 846 of 974
Poppa
Established Contributor

I called in and got 5-7 day response.

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 847 of 974
EW800
Valued Contributor

I got my first denial from B of A. The letter that I received stated something to the effect of “too many inquiries on this account”. Not sure what they mean by too many inquiries on “this” account. I doubt that it is my HP’s overall, as that is two on EQ and one on TU. The letter stated that my FICO credit score is 850, so I am pretty sure I was fine there. Smiley Happy

Anyone else experience too many inquiries on THIS account? I’m guessing that means I have requested too many increases on this BoA account?

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 848 of 974
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went ahead and requested CLI for my BofA card, I got the increase but i also received a paper mail notice informing my new limit and a note about my credit score and the reporting agency which was used to make decision. Does this mean I got increase after HP?

It shouldn't. The report that comes from a soft pull contains the same information as the report that comes from a hard pull.

Message 849 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW800 wrote:
I got my first denial from B of A. The letter that I received stated something to the effect of “too many inquiries on this account”. Not sure what they mean by too many inquiries on “this” account. I doubt that it is my HP’s overall, as that is two on EQ and one on TU. The letter stated that my FICO credit score is 850, so I am pretty sure I was fine there. Smiley Happy

Anyone else experience too many inquiries on THIS account? I’m guessing that means I have requested too many increases on this BoA account?

The "too many inquiries on this account" reason code means that you requested the CLI too early... 90 days have not elapsed since your last CLI.

Message 850 of 974
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.