Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

tag
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

@Anonymous wrote:

Question for all in this sub.  I have two Bank of America cards I wish to try and get CLI for.  I have a Cash Rewards card that has been open since 2004 and a UPS Capital card that has been open since 2011.  I have banked with them for about 20 years and have investements with them through Merrill Lynch.  My credit score is roughly around 840 depending on the bureau and I am around 1% on my credit utilization.  My CL on one is $10k, the other $7500, and was wondering what size CLI I should do, granted I do very well financially.  Also wondering if I am able to do a CLI on both or is it similar to Amex where you can only do one at a time.  Thanks for any and all help, just trying to expand my credit and doing so a little late in the game.

I'd ask for a lot, especially if you have banked with them that long and hold steady $$ in there...it seems to have helped from what I have pieced together over the last few weeks with the 2 cards I have with them.

Message 921 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they just counter your offer if it's too high?
Message 922 of 974
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Boa only counters if you are eligble for an increase but dont qualify for your asking limit. Amount asked means nothing imo.
Message 923 of 974
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do they just counter your offer if it's too high?

In my case, I asked for one amount, they came back with a notice saying I was approved at a lower amount.  All over the net and within seconds.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 924 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

I must have went too high, no counter offer, just got hit with the 7-10 day letter on one of the cards.  Didn't try the other one.  Does this mean it will now be a HP on my credit?

Message 925 of 974
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

Wanted to add some DP's. Has been 127 days since last CLI - decided to hit the luv button. Was at 20.7k, asked for 50k and received instant approval for 30.7k, so a 10k CLI Smiley Happy

DP's below are fairly accurate except for one TU inq fell off a few days ago and UTI is down 2% from what is in siggy.

BofA CLI.PNG

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 926 of 974
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I must have went too high, no counter offer, just got hit with the 7-10 day letter on one of the cards.  Didn't try the other one.  Does this mean it will now be a HP on my credit?

Magic 8 Ball says No. 

You don't get a 7-10 day notice because you requested too high a CLI, you got it because the automated process determined you were ineligible for any CLI.  If you had been it would have counteroffered. 

Don't try for a CLI on the other card either at least until there's a final dispostion on your current request.   

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 927 of 974
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@Five6Two wrote:

Wanted to add some DP's. Has been 127 days since last CLI - decided to hit the luv button. Was at 20.7k, asked for 50k and received instant approval for 30.7k, so a 10k CLI Smiley Happy

DP's below are fairly accurate except for one TU inq fell off a few days ago and UTI is down 2% from what is in siggy.

Nice!  I'm scared to ask for anything else from B of A...I'll give it about a year...they've been good to me so far...I don't want ot push my luck lol.

Message 928 of 974
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

I’m sure they’ll take care of you, that’s some nice exposure you have with them currently!
Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 929 of 974
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

Decided to go for the cli while I wait for US banks decision approved for 10K CL Smiley Very Happy

Message 930 of 974
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.