Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

@coldfusion Funny thing I checked my account the other day and my SL was increased by 14k on the card I requested and told I was getting a 7-10 letter on. Still waiting for the letter so not sure what it will say or if they are even going to send one.
Message 931 of 974
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

BofA CLI SP or HP?

Is BofA doing a SP or HP for CLI?

And What are limits to get a SP? <2k?

Thanks

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 932 of 974
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA CLI SP or HP?

@TyRacing wrote:
Is BofA doing a SP or HP for CLI?

And What are limits to get a SP? <2k?

Thanks

This entire thread is about SP CLIs.  With BOA you can request whatever credit limit you want and they will counter if you asked for more than they are willing to give you.

Message 933 of 974
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA CLI SP or HP?

@ChessChik47 wrote:

This entire thread is about SP CLIs.  With BOA you can request whatever credit limit you want and they will counter if you asked for more than they are willing to give you.

Thanks for making it clear

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 934 of 974
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@coldfusion Funny thing I checked my account the other day and my SL was increased by 14k on the card I requested and told I was getting a 7-10 letter on. Still waiting for the letter so not sure what it will say or if they are even going to send one.

Did you ever get a letter, or at least a congratulatory email? 

Congrats on the increase!!

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 935 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

So is it 100% that BoA does only SP for CLI?

My first card (got it in Oct'17) is from BoA and I have never cli ever. 

Paying full little after statement every time, usage < 10%

Is it worth to ask for CLI? Recently I got other cc from chase, so I just got a HP as far as I understand. Don't with to get another one in a row.

Thanks

Message 936 of 974
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone!

So is it 100% that BoA does only SP for CLI?

My first card (got it in Oct'17) is from BoA and I have never cli ever. 

Paying full little after statement every time, usage < 10%

Is it worth to ask for CLI? Recently I got other cc from chase, so I just got a HP as far as I understand. Don't with to get another one in a row.

Thanks

The odds are extremely long that there would be a HP but there have been a couple of data points reported of one.   If you're in a position where a HP is absolutely contraindicated or if the potential of taking another one, alibeit from a different CRA (TU), makes you uneasy then you need to think carefully and consider the possible ramifications. 

I would do it, but I'm also fairly risk-tolerant.   

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 937 of 974
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I bank with BOA. Got approved for 2 cards without a single HP. Asked for a CLI increase a few weeks ago was denied but also no HP.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 938 of 974
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@kudosalert wrote:

Yes, I bank with BOA. Got approved for 2 cards without a single HP. Asked for a CLI increase a few weeks ago was denied but also no HP.

Congrats on your previous approvals without HPs.  The only time I pulled that off with BoA was pre-policy change when I took a TU HP to get a CLI and they reused it when I applied for a new card less than 30 days later.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 939 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion Thanks! Yes, I got a letter.  It said your CLI has been approved, but it's lower than the amount you requested.  Basically said the full amount was not approved because "the amount of credit to you by us and/or affiliates meets or exceeds our maximums." Oh well, I guess I will have to work up to it.

Message 940 of 974
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.