Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion Thanks! Yes, I got a letter.  It said your CLI has been approved, but it's lower than the amount you requested.  Basically said the full amount was not approved because "the amount of credit to you by us and/or affiliates meets or exceeds our maximums." Oh well, I guess I will have to work up to it.

Good!

You'll get there, it just takes patience.

Remember that whenever you see the "request a limit increase" link appear it means that they consider you eligible to request one.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 941 of 974
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Unless you are me where it is forever mocking meSmiley Wink
Message 942 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Latest update...Cash Rewards limit now at $85K

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 5.07.35 AM(a).png

Message 943 of 974
Trikoret
Contributor

So a few days ago I decided to apply for the cash card and it went pending. Last time I applied for a credit card was for the CSR card in 2016. I just got an email that my application got approved. They took 21k from my BofA premium card credit line. Now I'm at 129k. I still have request credit line increase for the premium card. No idea if I'm maxed out with BofA or should I pull the trigger and find out. Lol
Message 944 of 974
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Trikoret wrote:
So a few days ago I decided to apply for the cash card and it went pending. Last time I applied for a credit card was for the CSR card in 2016. I just got an email that my application got approved. They took 21k from my BofA premium card credit line. Now I'm at 129k. I still have request credit line increase for the premium card. No idea if I'm maxed out with BofA or should I pull the trigger and find out. Lol

Since they reallocated CL from another card I think it's likely that you're maxed out right now.  You can always pull the trigger and find out, the request would probably be deferred for review by a senior analyst.   You should be able to rereallocate yourself with a phone call if they do something not to your liking.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 945 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sweet.  Not sure if you covered this earlier in the thread already and if so I apologize in advance, but what was your progression on this card starting with the SL to where you are today and over what period of time?  Thanks.

Message 946 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sweet.  Not sure if you covered this earlier in the thread already and if so I apologize in advance, but what was your progression on this card starting with the SL to where you are today and over what period of time?  Thanks.

It took less than 24 months to grow from a $2,000 starting limit and bear in mind that for the first few months each CLI was a hard pull so I didn't push hard for increases.  I had posted this in the approvals thread so I'll just copy it here.

8/23/17 - $2,000 SL - Visa Platinum approved

11/25/17 - $5,900

3/26/18 - $13,000

3/29/18 - Requested conversion to Visa Signature

7/3/18 - $23,100

10/6/18 - $37,000

1/5/19 - $50,000

4/29/19 - $70,000

7/29/19 - $85,000

Message 947 of 974
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 5.07.35 AM(a).png

Nice!  I think I'll give it a little time before I request a CLI.  

Message 948 of 974
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

haha same with me here. lets see what happens next month. maybe they've seen that other companies have given me more credit and bump it up a bit.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 949 of 974
acadapter
Established Member

Good Afternoon Folks:

I just got a requested bump from $25k to $35k on my VSignature Cash Rewards today. I was going to also apply for the pre-approved Americard to use the BT option; should send that in the same day of the CLI request, wait a little while, or it doesn't matter since the new card will be a HP instead of a SP?

FICO8 TU 759 EX 763 EQ 769

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum / AMEX Platinum Business / Capital One Venture $17.5k NAVYFCU Visa Signature $35K / NAVYFCU Flagship $28k / NavCheck $15K / Citi Rewards+ $14.8k / BoA Visa Signature $35K / BoA Cash Rewards MasterCard $25k Best Buy CitiBank $6.3k / Amazon Synchrony $12k / DiscoverIT $15K / Chase Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite $18.3k / PenFedFCU PowerCash Rewards Visa $20k / Pay Pal $9k
Message 950 of 974
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.