Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

tag
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

Today I pulled the trigger, 182 days since last CLI.

Went from 83,000 to 99,900.

cli 8-9-2019.JPGCLI 2.JPG

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 951 of 974
601flyguy
Established Contributor

It's been almost a year since I've saw the cli button. I have to call in and request cli. Anyone else experiencing this?
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 952 of 974
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@601flyguy wrote:
It's been almost a year since I've saw the cli button. I have to call in and request cli. Anyone else experiencing this?

I got my Travel Rewards back in May 2019 and I havent seen the button yet. Closed down another BOA card w/ 1k limit and had that 1k limit transferred to the Travel Rewards card last week. Do you think by transferring that credit limit over i've reset my button love?

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 953 of 974
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@kudosalert wrote:

@601flyguy wrote:

I got my Travel Rewards back in May 2019 and I havent seen the button yet. Closed down another BOA card w/ 1k limit and had that 1k limit transferred to the Travel Rewards card last week. Do you think by transferring that credit limit over i've reset my button love?

IME, yes, when you shuffle limits and increase a card's limit that way, it does "count" as a CLI and typically you won't be able to request one for a little while (~90 days).

Message 954 of 974
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@kudosalert wrote:

@601flyguy wrote:

IME, yes, when you shuffle limits and increase a card's limit that way, it does "count" as a CLI and typically you won't be able to request one for a little while (~90 days).

oh well. there goes any chance of padding my credit. was hoping to ask for a bigger CLI than 1k. 

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 955 of 974
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

@601flyguy wrote:

It's kind of funky but you can also find it by going to Help & Support > Credit Cards > Request CLI (or someting like that).

And then it did something and re-directed by to the credit card dashboard where the CLI button then appeared.

I managed to go from a CLI of $40.2K to $50.2K.

Not sure, but it seems to help that I got a CLI from AMEX first then go through the other banks and request CLIs and they approve/increase it based on my highest credit limit card.

Message 956 of 974
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@iDShaDoW wrote:

@601flyguy wrote:

It's kind of funky but you can also find it by going to Help & Support > Credit Cards > Request CLI (or someting like that).

And then it did something and re-directed by to the credit card dashboard where the CLI button then appeared.

I managed to go from a CLI of $40.2K to $50.2K.

Not sure, but it seems to help that I got a CLI from AMEX first then go through the other banks and request CLIs and they approve/increase it based on my highest credit limit card.

yeah i tried to go through the menu like you suggested. there's not an option for CLI. it must be tied to the actual button. 

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 957 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for a BOA Cash Rewards MC last year on 10-17-19.  I would call in to ask various questions, and the reps would see info from my credit report and mention my revolving debt and offer 'new' products.  I would decline due to not wanting a hard pull and because many of the offers were HELOC's, which I did not want to get into unless I needed to.

Anyway, I would decline and say I will take a CLI though.  They would always say you can call to check anytime, you don't have to wait a year, but the denials always said I needed to wait a year.  I think this is a message you get only if you don't have any other BOA products that have been open less than a year.  I had a mortgage with them but closed it out years ago.

So, finally I found this thread and stopped asking the reps.  I did not have the button, but anyone can check by doing this.  Log into your account and go to the search box.  Type in Credit Line Increase.  Before you can even finish, it will show as one of the options.  Click on the credit line increase option and then it will take you to a new page.  For the past several months, after I clicked on the credit line increase link from the search box, it would send me to a new page that said, "you do not have any eligible accounts at this time."

Finally, on October 18, 2019, which is one year and one day after I opened the account, it took me to a page where I could request one.  It does say they will request a copy my my report.  I was nervous at first but after reading this thread I was fairly confident that it would be a SP and the reps said it was a SP also when I tried on the phone.  Well, I tried and I got the you will get a response within 5 days message.  That was yesterday.  This morning when I woke up I had an email saying it was approved.  My CL was raised from $8k to $13k.  I did not want to be greedy and only asked for an additional $5k.  I will wait 90 days and try for another $5k.

I have heard different things about what will happen if you ask for too much of an increase.  Does anyone know what will happen if I ask for $5k more but they will only approve $3k?  Will they decline and make me ask for less or will they just approve the lower amount?

Thanks everyone. 

Message 958 of 974
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

w/ BOA people have been asking for 100k and they will come back with a counter offer. have not tried yet but will do so when my button comes up again Smiley Happy

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 959 of 974
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@kudosalert wrote:

w/ BOA people have been asking for 100k and they will come back with a counter offer. have not tried yet but will do so when my button comes up again Smiley Happy

+1 I asked for $100k on almost every CLI request with BOA for a few years now.  When it was a HP, I wanted to make sure I left nothing on the table.

Message 960 of 974
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.