cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Valued Member

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

This starts Monday, according to DoC. This is true for Credit Line Increases & Cash Advance Increases

See: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-of-america-to-stop-hard-pulling-for-credit-limit-increases/
Message 4 of 841
840 REPLIES 840
Established Contributor

DoC reporting BoA to stop pulling HPs for CLI requests

Doctor of Credit is reporting that as of next Monday BoA will stop making HPs in response to requests for cash advance and credit limit increases. 

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-of-america-to-stop-hard-pulling-for-credit-limit-increases/

I'll probably put this to the test and request a smallish CLI on my BBR on Monday,  as I'm eligible to request one. 

(I expect a denial but I'll request anyway.)

(2/2019)
FICO 8 (EX) 797 (TU) 817 (EQ) 791
FICO 9 (EX) 821 (TU) 829 (EQ) 825

$700K+ club
Message 1 of 841
Valued Contributor

Re: DoC reporting BoA to stop pulling HPs for CLI requests

Well this is great news. I won’t mentioned my past HPs for CLI. Oh wait, I just did. Lol.

Beginning Journey April 2017 – FICO 8

Current Scores May 2018 – FICO 8

Started this credit game with $8400 TCL in 04/17 now I'm at $150K+.
Message 2 of 841
Valued Contributor

Re: DoC reporting BoA to stop pulling HPs for CLI requests

Nice!!! I hope others follow.

Now, if they could stop doing HPs for new applications Smiley Very Happy

FICO 8 Scores EQ 704 / Goal 750, EX 706 / Goal 750, TU 724 / Goal 750

FICO 9 Scores EQ 726 / Goal 750, EX 683 / Goal 750, TU 726 / Goal 750
Message 3 of 841
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

Thanks for sharing! This is good news for a lot of our members! 

AMEX PLATINUM, GOLD, DELTA RESERVE & SPG | PenFed PR VS | NFCU FS VS | Discover IT | CAP1 VENTURE VS | NORDSTROM VS l BANANA REPUBLIC LUXE V I LOWES I MACYS I WAYFAIR I Garden till 1-1-20 AT LEAST
Message 5 of 841
Regular Contributor

Very exciting! Just coming up on 6 months now on one of my accounts!

Message 6 of 841
Senior Contributor

I hope K's not paying attention to this thread...

Message 7 of 841

@Adkins wrote:

I hope K's not paying attention to this thread...

Argh!!!!  Just did one at the end of April.  Still don't think they'll let me get past $99,900, though.  At least now I know it won't hurt to ask and hopefully I'll avoid another HP when I combine my Cash Rewards into my Travel Rewards at some point this summer.  Of my 15 TU inquiries in the past 2 years, 7 are Bank of America CLI requests.  (Also have pair of EX pulls from them in the past 2 years.)

Message 8 of 841
Established Contributor

I just took a HP a few weeks ago for a CLI. Maybe I can get them to take it back? LOL. On the bright side it was an increase of 20k so it may have been worth it. 

Citi Thank You Premier 14.1K | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | Bank of America Premium Rewards 21k | US Bank Cash+ 23k | Lowes 35k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Discover It 49.8k | Amex EDP 56k | Chase Marriott 67k | Bank of America BBR 78.9k
Message 9 of 841

@Peteyglad haha not happening.  Congrats on your CLI, though.  I had a really good run the past 17 months; unfortunately this last time resulted in me getting a $5600 CLI on one card, then a request for a CLI on a 2nd card went pending and they gave me $4400... but they took $10k from the previous card to do it... putting me right back at $100 shy.  Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 841