cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Established Contributor

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

Hmm nice. Guess I’ll request a CLI on 3 of my cards Monday although I was denied a month ago lol
Amex Gold NPSL, Amex Hilton Aspire 3k, Amex Marriott Bonvoy 1k, AMEX Everyday 5k, AMEX BBP 2k, BOA Cash Rewards 8.2k, BOA Better Balance Rewards 2k, Care Credit 15k, Chase Amazon Visa 19.825k, Discover 6.8k, Nordstrom Store 4.5k , Fidelity Visa 10k, Cap 1 QS 15k, Cap 1 Savor 10.5k, Citi Rewards+ 4.4k, Citi Advantage Platinum 7.5k, Citi Premiere 5.2k, US Cash+ 3.5k, Altitude Reserve 9k, Paypal Mastercard 4k
Message 11 of 931
Valued Contributor

If anyone tries this please be sure to report back.

I’ve got the CLI link on my accounts but I’ve been waiting until I’m ready to app (again) for the Premier Rewards card so I could get them to pull TU for all of it. However if they don’t pull I may just go for the CLI now and just take the EX pull for the new app later.
Message 12 of 931

i just recently recieved an Auto CLI from them...

should i be good to go to request on monday? lol

they are about to get pounded out

Scores Via CreditKarma TU 763, EQ 763

BOA Cash Rewards 47,000 CL
Discover IT 31,200 CL CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred 22,000
American Express Everyday 20,000 CL
American Express Blue Cash Everyday 15,000 CL
Citi Double Cash 26,100 CL
Citi Diamond Preferred 19,100 CL
Sync Care Credit 18,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited 9,500 CL

AAOA 8 years, 8 Months
AA 4 years, 11 Months
Message 13 of 931
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If only Chase would follow suit...
FICO 08 Scores (Mar-19): TU 808, EQ 795, EX 787

Message 14 of 931
Valued Member

This is great news! I wonder if it'll be a 6 month cycle per card, or per account (like AMEX)?

@simplynoir
Starting Score (01/26/2018):
Current Score (06/6/2018):
Last App: 05/07/2018 / In the Garden Until: 05/14/2020

Message 15 of 931
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Well this is good news.  I've got 4 cards with them now.  Would be nice if they'd extend the no HP to those wanting to reallocate limits.  

Message 16 of 931
Valued Contributor

Oh man if this is true I will be hitting them up for an increase on my BBR (itself opened from credit reallocation from my Visa back in '09). I will, of course, let you all try it first and report back Smiley LOL Daddy isn't trying to get a bunch of HPs. 

Message 17 of 931
Valued Contributor

SWEET! My last increase was right before Christmas last year. I have the link right now so I might test the waters on this next week and ask for another $5k or $10k. Even though I don't really need it- it would put me closer to having my first $50k CL.
BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 18 of 931
Established Contributor

Great info OP! BOA will be inundated with requests beginning next week for sure.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben

SCORES: Excellent · 830 to 848
INQUIRIES: 0
UNIVERSAL REVOLVERS: $200K Club
NUMBER OF CC ACCOUNTS: Less than 10
CARD USAGE: Minimal
CREDIT HISTORY: Very Lengthy · Seasoned Accounts
INCOME: Sufficient
UTIL: 1-2%
PYMTS: 100% Positive · Always PIF · AZEO
INSTALLMENTS: No thanks!
ASSETS: 100% Equity
TOTALLY REFUSE TO: Pay Interest or Annual Fees, Combine Accounts, Reduce Limits, Submit 4506-T, SCT, App Spree, Accumulate Inquiries, Do business with Comenity, Synchrony, Cap One, Wells Fargo, Citi, Barclays or any other credit-cancerous lending institutions
Message 19 of 931
Mega Contributor

Wonder what motivates this.    I assume that there is no great gain for BoA getting myFico-like people requesting CLIs that they will never use, and normals that actually need a credit line increase probably don't know or care about HPs.   So maybe it is just cost-saving, guessing that doing a SP is cheaper than a HP

Message 20 of 931