Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

Things will probably update around 3:00 EST. That’s when my accounts usually update.  This should be a very interesting thread later on today. 😉

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 61 of 974
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@credit_endurance wrote:

Things will probably update around 3:00 EST. That’s when my accounts usually update.  This should be a very interesting thread later on today. 😉

Do those referring to EST mean EDT?

Just wondering... we have people from all over here, and I think some in the Carribean might still be on EST.

I had to deal with time zones daily in a past life... they can be tricky. 

Message 62 of 974
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: DoC reporting BoA to stop pulling HPs for CLI requests

@coldfusion wrote:

Doctor of Credit is reporting that as of next Monday BoA will stop making HPs in response to requests for cash advance and credit limit increases. 

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-of-america-to-stop-hard-pulling-for-credit-limit-increases/

I'll probably put this to the test and request a smallish CLI on my BBR on Monday,  as I'm eligible to request one. 

(I expect a denial but I'll request anyway.)

The text displayed before you submit the request remains unchanged , including the statements that by requesting you authorize them to pull a credit report and that they may reallocate credit limits.  As of yet, no alert of any HP whereas normally I would get an alert of a TU pull within seconds.

The request was referred for manual review - not unusual for me with BoA.  Normally I'd expect to hear back from them by noon.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 63 of 974
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:
That's 8 data points within the past 2 years of receiving a CLI 3-4 months after the previous one or after card opening.  General wisdom has been that if the blue link shows up in your account, you are eligible for a CLI as long as your profile supports it.  For me the link has usually disappeared a few days after being granted a CLI and returned at about 3 months.

That's 8 well-referenced data points within the past 2 years that differ greatly from the info provided by CSRs. SMH...Thanks K!

After many chats with K-in-Boston about BofA cards, I was inspired to app -- which I did.  And though I don't have anywhere near the DP's that K does, I can also confirm that they're granting CLI's much more often than every 6 months.  

The card was opened on Sep 12, 2017.  4 months later (the blue link to request a CLI showed up at ~3 months) on January 22nd I requested a CLI and got an additional 6,000.  3 months later on April 29th I requested another CLI and got an additional 9,600.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 64 of 974
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:
The request was referred for manual review - not unusual for me with BoA.  Normally I'd expect to hear back from them by noon.

First DP for online request: 1) No HP,  2) No instant decision. Not sure when your last request was or if BOA changed the frequency for requests.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 65 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened BOA Platinum Plus MC on 5/30/2017

never requested before

SL $8000 cash line $2400

Just hit the increase and asked for $15500 

(thought better to not ask for more than double)

instant approval!!!!

Below is copy and paste.....

--------------------------------

Congratulations! Your credit line has been approved. 
Your new total credit line is $15,500.00 with a cash credit line of $4,700.00 and is available for immediate use. 

Use your available credit tofrom other creditors online today.

*Secured Cards Only:

We will increase your credit line when we receive your additional collateral. If we're unable to obtain the funds we'll send you a letter with instructions on how to provide us the additional collateral. Once your collateral is received, your new credit line will be reflected in Online Banking.

Request a credit line increase: confirmation
Print this page

Total credit line requested:
$15,500.00

--------------------------------

Now I only have the "creditwise" from capital one, but so far no HP notification email, or showing when i log into creditwise.

DP overall 7% util

BOA card just shy of 1 yr old. 
BT $3680 when first opened and have $590 left, with 0% apr until Nov18 (this would be the 18month BT offer exp date)

SL $8000 to $15500.....cash adv start $2400 to $4700

DID I LEAVE MONEY ON THE TABLE????  LOL

I guess i will stay tuned and maybe check to see if that link pops up again.

Account does reflect new limits and link is still there, but it is dark? (showing that I clicked it already?)

the new limit required a log out, and log back in to show.

edit: is is actually now my highest limit card...second/third is now $14.2k and $14k (besides lowes/HD)

Message 66 of 974
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

OMG OMG, I just hit the luv button for S&G! Instant 5k !!! No hpSmiley Happy WOO HOO!!
Message 67 of 974
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dang it ! I just woke upSmiley Sad Sorry guys, No coffee and Mondays = Epic AJC BOA FAILSmiley Wink hAPPy April Fools?
Message 68 of 974
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Opened BOA Platinum Plus MC on 5/30/2017

never requested before

SL $8000 to $15500.....cash adv start $2400 to $4700

DID I LEAVE MONEY ON THE TABLE????  LOL

Congrats! Great CLI. Possible you did ($ on the table). Good DP too.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 69 of 974
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
OMG OMG, I just hit the luv button for S&G! Instant 5k !!! No hpSmiley Happy WOO HOO!!

Congrats AJC hopefully no HP shows up.

Message 70 of 974
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.