cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

Valued Contributor

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

Things will probably update around 3:00 EST. That’s when my accounts usually update.  This should be a very interesting thread later on today. 😉

Goals: Garden until 2020...Wait out last derogs...Watch inquiries drop like flies...Get under the elusive 5/24.
Message 61 of 810

@bruisedcredit wrote:

Things will probably update around 3:00 EST. That’s when my accounts usually update.  This should be a very interesting thread later on today. 😉

Do those referring to EST mean EDT?

Just wondering... we have people from all over here, and I think some in the Carribean might still be on EST.

I had to deal with time zones daily in a past life... they can be tricky. 

Message 62 of 810
Established Contributor

Re: DoC reporting BoA to stop pulling HPs for CLI requests

@coldfusion wrote:

Doctor of Credit is reporting that as of next Monday BoA will stop making HPs in response to requests for cash advance and credit limit increases. 

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-of-america-to-stop-hard-pulling-for-credit-limit-increases/

I'll probably put this to the test and request a smallish CLI on my BBR on Monday,  as I'm eligible to request one. 

(I expect a denial but I'll request anyway.)

The text displayed before you submit the request remains unchanged , including the statements that by requesting you authorize them to pull a credit report and that they may reallocate credit limits.  As of yet, no alert of any HP whereas normally I would get an alert of a TU pull within seconds.

The request was referred for manual review - not unusual for me with BoA.  Normally I'd expect to hear back from them by noon.

(12/2018)
FICO 8 (EX) 803 (TU) 816 (EQ) 791
FICO 9 (EX) 829 (TU) 834 (EQ) 830

$700K+ club
Message 63 of 810
Frequent Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:
That's 8 data points within the past 2 years of receiving a CLI 3-4 months after the previous one or after card opening.  General wisdom has been that if the blue link shows up in your account, you are eligible for a CLI as long as your profile supports it.  For me the link has usually disappeared a few days after being granted a CLI and returned at about 3 months.

That's 8 well-referenced data points within the past 2 years that differ greatly from the info provided by CSRs. SMH...Thanks K!

After many chats with K-in-Boston about BofA cards, I was inspired to app -- which I did.  And though I don't have anywhere near the DP's that K does, I can also confirm that they're granting CLI's much more often than every 6 months.  

The card was opened on Sep 12, 2017.  4 months later (the blue link to request a CLI showed up at ~3 months) on January 22nd I requested a CLI and got an additional 6,000.  3 months later on April 29th I requested another CLI and got an additional 9,600.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 742 TU 777 EQ 754
Goal Score: 780's

Total Individual CL: $111,400
Message 64 of 810
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:
The request was referred for manual review - not unusual for me with BoA.  Normally I'd expect to hear back from them by noon.

First DP for online request: 1) No HP,  2) No instant decision. Not sure when your last request was or if BOA changed the frequency for requests.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben

SCORES: Excellent · 830 to 848
INQUIRIES: 0
UNIVERSAL REVOLVERS: $200K Club
NUMBER OF CC ACCOUNTS: Less than 10
CARD USAGE: Minimal
CREDIT HISTORY: Very Lengthy · Seasoned Accounts
INCOME: Sufficient
UTIL: 1-2%
PYMTS: 100% Positive · Always PIF · AZEO
INSTALLMENTS: No thanks!
ASSETS: 100% Equity
TOTALLY REFUSE TO: Pay Interest or Annual Fees, Combine Accounts, Reduce Limits, Submit 4506-T, SCT, App Spree, Accumulate Inquiries, Do business with Comenity, Synchrony, Cap One, Wells Fargo, Citi, Barclays or any other credit-cancerous lending institutions
Message 65 of 810
Frequent Contributor

Opened BOA Platinum Plus MC on 5/30/2017

never requested before

SL $8000 cash line $2400

Just hit the increase and asked for $15500 

(thought better to not ask for more than double)

instant approval!!!!

Below is copy and paste.....

--------------------------------

Congratulations! Your credit line has been approved. 
Your new total credit line is $15,500.00 with a cash credit line of $4,700.00 and is available for immediate use. 

Use your available credit tofrom other creditors online today.

*Secured Cards Only:

We will increase your credit line when we receive your additional collateral. If we're unable to obtain the funds we'll send you a letter with instructions on how to provide us the additional collateral. Once your collateral is received, your new credit line will be reflected in Online Banking.

Request a credit line increase: confirmation
Print this page

Total credit line requested:
$15,500.00

--------------------------------

Now I only have the "creditwise" from capital one, but so far no HP notification email, or showing when i log into creditwise.

DP overall 7% util

BOA card just shy of 1 yr old. 
BT $3680 when first opened and have $590 left, with 0% apr until Nov18 (this would be the 18month BT offer exp date)

SL $8000 to $15500.....cash adv start $2400 to $4700

DID I LEAVE MONEY ON THE TABLE????  LOL

I guess i will stay tuned and maybe check to see if that link pops up again.

Account does reflect new limits and link is still there, but it is dark? (showing that I clicked it already?)

the new limit required a log out, and log back in to show.

edit: is is actually now my highest limit card...second/third is now $14.2k and $14k (besides lowes/HD)

[Penfed Platinum Rewards 10k][TD Ameritrade-2k][BOA Cash Rewards 22k][NFCU cashRewards 20k][TDcash 5k][IHG 14.2k][BOA 15.8k][Amazon Prime Store 10k][Amazon PrimeVS 500][Amex BCE 6k][WellsFargo CashWise 14k][PNC Core 11.6k][WalmartMC 10k][SearsMC 10k][Lowes 35k][Toyota 9.5k][Capital One 5250][BP 10k][Home Depot 24.2k][Chase FU 6.6k][Discover 17.5k]
- [BOA CR $12.5k][Amex Plum NPSL][Amex SC+ $13.5k][Amex B4B $15.5k][Chase Ink $45k][PNC $25k]
Message 66 of 810
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OMG OMG, I just hit the luv button for S&G! Instant 5k !!! No hpSmiley Happy WOO HOO!!
Message 67 of 810
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Dang it ! I just woke upSmiley Sad Sorry guys, No coffee and Mondays = Epic AJC BOA FAILSmiley Wink hAPPy April Fools?
Message 68 of 810
Established Contributor

@WhatTickaWhat wrote:

Opened BOA Platinum Plus MC on 5/30/2017

never requested before

SL $8000 to $15500.....cash adv start $2400 to $4700

DID I LEAVE MONEY ON THE TABLE????  LOL

Congrats! Great CLI. Possible you did ($ on the table). Good DP too.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben

SCORES: Excellent · 830 to 848
INQUIRIES: 0
UNIVERSAL REVOLVERS: $200K Club
NUMBER OF CC ACCOUNTS: Less than 10
CARD USAGE: Minimal
CREDIT HISTORY: Very Lengthy · Seasoned Accounts
INCOME: Sufficient
UTIL: 1-2%
PYMTS: 100% Positive · Always PIF · AZEO
INSTALLMENTS: No thanks!
ASSETS: 100% Equity
TOTALLY REFUSE TO: Pay Interest or Annual Fees, Combine Accounts, Reduce Limits, Submit 4506-T, SCT, App Spree, Accumulate Inquiries, Do business with Comenity, Synchrony, Cap One, Wells Fargo, Citi, Barclays or any other credit-cancerous lending institutions
Message 69 of 810
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
OMG OMG, I just hit the luv button for S&G! Instant 5k !!! No hpSmiley Happy WOO HOO!!

Congrats AJC hopefully no HP shows up.

Message 70 of 810