Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BoA to stop HPs for CLI’s

@kudosalert, if you got the 7-10 notice thats a denial. 1 month old card is too new for a cli
Message 891 of 974
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

The card I requested the CLI is 9 months old. Never requested increase before.

The 1 month old card is a separate card also from Boa.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 892 of 974
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

lol it's not so much not being able to find a way to utilize a 50k limit.

It's just that the other cards I have are all, respectively, much better in the categories I have/use them for:

• AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - 6% Cashback on Groceries
  • AMEX Gold - 4X points on Groceries/Dining, 3X on Travel (debating whether to downgrade the AMEX BCP or keep it then fall back on the Gold for groceries once the annual grocery spend limit is hit on BCP)
  • PenFed - 5% Cashback on Gas
  • NavyFed - 1.5% on everything else
  • Amazon Chase - 5% Cashback on Amazon

At this point, the BoA is just to add to my overall credit limits (to help with utilization ratio) and maintain my average age of accounts (it's my 2nd oldest card).

The 3% Cashback on "Online Shopping" is new though so it may get some use for that once I pay off the balance transfer on it, since payments go to the balance transfer first and not whatever is charged on there resulting in unwanted interest charges.  That or use it as a balance transfer card whenever a promo is available.

I also need to do some reading to find out what peoples' experiences are with earning cashback on the online shopping category - like if it's everything and gets recognized properly or if they have issues with coding eligible online purchases.

Message 893 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Got my third "luv button" and third consecutve CLI today. My history now looks like:

$1500 SL early May 2018

> $6600 mid-August 2018

> $13700 mid-Nov 2018 (asked for 3x or 20k)

> $23700 end-Feb 2019 (asked for 25k)

That's a pretty incredible increase for someone who didn't even have a credit history in May 2018 (now at around 726 FICO). I reckon the pace will slow down from now on though.  Does anyone know if there is a common "ceiling" to the BoA Cash Rewards card?

Thanks to BoA for treating me so well!

Update: Asked for another $11200 today to take me to $34900 and was auto-approved for the full amount, so I guess that means I left money on the table. Thanks BoA! (FICO8 at 741)

Message 894 of 974
New Contributor

That's a pretty nice CLI in just over a year!   How were you using the card, and do you have any other BofA cards?

different question... Does BofA do a HP to PC? 

Message 895 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

@851 wrote:

That's a pretty nice CLI in just over a year!   How were you using the card, and do you have any other BofA cards?

My BoA card has seen very little use since I got the Amex Gold in August (groceries and dining being our main expense categories) - anywhere between $100 and $800 every month I suppose. However, they are my only bank and the checking account is used heavily so I would expect that helps.  I don't have any other BoA credit cards, and I don't know about HP to PC.

Message 896 of 974
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@851 wrote:

IME, no. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 897 of 974
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Got my third "luv button" and third consecutve CLI today. My history now looks like:

$1500 SL early May 2018

> $6600 mid-August 2018

> $13700 mid-Nov 2018 (asked for 3x or 20k)

> $23700 end-Feb 2019 (asked for 25k)

That's a pretty incredible increase for someone who didn't even have a credit history in May 2018 (now at around 726 FICO). I reckon the pace will slow down from now on though.  Does anyone know if there is a common "ceiling" to the BoA Cash Rewards card?

Thanks to BoA for treating me so well!

Update: Asked for another $11200 today to take me to $34900 and was auto-approved for the full amount, so I guess that means I left money on the table. Thanks BoA! (FICO8 at 741)

Hey Viking, so even if the luv button shows all that HP language as long as it has been 91 days someone should be eligible for SP CLI? 

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 898 of 974
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

We'll see what they give me. I asked to double mine from 3.5K to 7K... got the 3-5 day wait.

I'm sure it's a denail, I never use their card, lol. 

Scores are nice and utilization is below 5% so I don't see why I wouldn't get some sort of increase. 

Pray for me Smiley LOL

peope_praying_marquee.jpg

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 899 of 974
Anonymous
Not applicable

B of A CLI's

So are they SP as long as the verbiage in blue is showing? I know there's a thread but it's too long to read thru.
Message 900 of 974
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.