Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boa or Citi secured?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boa or Citi secured?

Which is better a BOA secured or Citi secured card?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Boa or Citi secured?

They both are good cards.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't speak for Citi, but BofA treated me well. Graduated me in less than a year despite a mis-step on my part.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like my B of A..Linked to my checking account and i can pay it off quickly
Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

BofA if you can get approved for it. They won't give it to me. So I went with National City
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just FYI, I have had the standard secured card for a couple months. Went into a BOA branch this morning and told them I wanted to add to the deposit. After going through all the Tellers, finally found a Manager who said "No Problem, come in my office"

She took my card and called someone, somewhere. Identified herself and said Mr. Contractor wants to raise his deposit from 300 to 600. She put me on the phone and some clown asked a zillion questions, income, housing costs, what do I do, etc. Then said what is your checking account #. I said, don't have one here, it is at my CU. He says, sorry, no checking account, no add to deposit. I said, you're kidding, right? He assured me he was not inclined to humor. I said thanks (stunned) and hung up. Relayed the incident to the Manager and she was flabbergasted, said they do it all the time; just create a cashiers check and send it in. Asked if I wanted her to call back and I said, no thanks, I'll go talk to my CU.

That was 300 bucks free money they could have used for the next several months with no exposure. Makes NO sense. Banks are illogical creatures. YMMV, perhaps I got an idiot.
Message 6 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

BofA is notorious for wildly uneven customer service. I've always had great CSR's, very skilled, very informed, polite and funny, but plenty of others have had stories like yours. I'll bet it has something to do with all the other banks they've acquired, resulting in non-standardize CS training. It also seems like their secured card department is screwy.

Maybe the manager can send in a cashier's check for you and catch them napping?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

She offered and was apologetic. I was PO'ed and told her not to bother but thanked her for her time (she was nice and helpful) and went on my way. I may go back and have her try again. No big hurry, just wanted to raise the bar before it comes time to graduate but I have several months.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, would you please send the website for Citi secured ?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

brownsugar35 wrote:
Hi, would you please send the website for Citi secured ?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.