Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bob's - Wells Fargo...

tag
jmco
Contributor

Bob's - Wells Fargo...

so DH and I are looking to get a dining room table & my mom who has great credit and a bob's car was going to get it for us as a XMAS present.... i called wells fargo financial to check credit line on the card and it said 0, my mom and i spoke to a representative and apparently they closed her account after she made the last payment

in April 2012 for NON-USE.  The rep told me "no worries, you can reply at the store and you will be approved because it was closed in a positive way".  I said that's not the point. The point is no one informed us that the account was closed & now you will need to hard pull my credit report which will drop her scores.  The rep had no idea what I was talking about and just kept saying "just reapply - it's easy."  HATE!!!

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: Bob's - Wells Fargo...

Bobs?  Never heard of it.  From what it sounds, it sounds like a store card.

In that case, I say good riddance.  Store cards are useless, IMO.  They usually have very high interest rates and are quick to close on you due to inactivity.

I wouldn't apply again.  Not worth.  Not worth the HP and not worth keeping around.  If she has other CCs perhaps she could use those to buy it.

Message 2 of 4
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

It is unfortunate that they did not notify you of the closure, but most lenders will not reopen an account after it is closed. This one was closed six months ago, so you most likely have no chance of getting it reopened.

@ccnewcc wrote:

In that case, I say good riddance.  Store cards are useless, IMO.  They usually have very high interest rates and are quick to close on you due to inactivity.

I wouldn't apply again.  Not worth.  Not worth the HP and not worth keeping around.  If she has other CCs perhaps she could use those to buy it.

Macys only sends the 20% off coupons if you have a card with them. I get free return shipping and 3% off for future purchases at Macys. The Amazon store card lets you finance at zero interest for up to 24 months. That is 24 months with the money gaining 6%. I do not have any other store cards but most have some sort of incentive for having them. I never carry a balance so the interest rate could be 300% and it would not bother me.

Message 3 of 4
andre181
Established Contributor

A local furnature store here uses Wells Fargo for their credit card and this has happened to a few people I know. A month or so after the last payment the account is closed for non-use.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.