Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA APR Reduction

tag
popnfresh21

BofA APR Reduction

Thought I'd share a success story!

I recently PC'd from BofA Platinum Plus MC Cash Rewards to a BofA World MC Cash Rewards.  I entered a secure chat to confirm that BofA will report a credit limit since I wasn't sure if they would (Visa Signature vs. World MC).  They confirmed that the World MC does report a CL (score!) and asked if I needed anything else.  My account currently was at the penalty APR of 29.99% from a late payment several years back.  I asked if my account was eligible for an APR reduction and she did a quick check (no credit pull) and notified me that my account was in fact eligible, but I would need to call a number to discuss options.  I was a bit confused as to what she meant by options, but gave the number a call.  I spoke to a really nice CSR and after a quick chat put me on hold.  She came back and said she changed my account to an APR of 9.99%!  BofA gets a big plus in my book for this one!

Amex SPG $13,500 | Citi Thank You Premier $8,500 | Discover IT $6,100 | BofA World MC Cash Rewards $6,000 | Chase Amazon Rewards $3,000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HiLine
Blogger

Re: BofA APR Reduction

Very nice! I called them today for an APR reduction as well. The analyst said she was looking to see if there was anything available, and came back with a 11.99% APR! Starting with 20.24%, I'm happy about the result, though I probably will call back in a few months to try for 9.99%. It's useful to have a card with low APR to fall back on when needed. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Re: BofA APR Reduction

wow congrats to you both!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.