cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA American Express relationship ending!

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

BofA American Express relationship ending!

For those of you with one of the legacy Bank of America American Express cards, you will soon be receiving a letter in the mail indicating that the relationship is ending and your card is being forced converted into the Bank of America Unlimited Cash Visa Signature card. Nothing will change other than the account number, the cards will arrive by September 19th. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA American Express relationship ending!

I wonder what will become of the Octave portfolio for that particular client base 🤔

Message 2 of 6
uoyankee
New Contributor

Yikes, you scared me a second.  I thought they'd be closing it and it's my oldest card by quite a bit.  

Message 3 of 6
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Oh really my DH has one it used to look like this (see below) they changed the design a while back. It has been branded forever as the Bank of America Rewards American Express Card and the rewards system for this card is Worldpoints. The rewards are 1.25 points per $1 spent. Not the best rewards. He's had it forever. I don't think they have offered the card for quite some time. They're contract with amex to use their network probably expired.                   

boaacceleratedrewards.jpg

>
Goal Cards:
Message 4 of 6
Trikoret
Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I wonder what will become of the Octave portfolio for that particular client base 🤔

They'll probably convert it to their BofA Premium card just like they did with Merrill Lynch

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Trikoret wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

They'll probably convert it to their BofA Premium card just like they did with Merrill Lynch

Doubtful, if you're referring to the current Premium Rewards.  They're likely to switch to another network to keep their UHNW relationship separate from their traditional core cards and compete with the likes of JPM and UBS, for example.

I had the AmEx Accolades CC and it was never converted to any other BoA core product, it stayed with the ML brand, and since I had 2, I simply merged the two accounts.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.