Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Amerideals Question: Completed Deal Disappeared

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

BofA Amerideals Question: Completed Deal Disappeared

Hello Hello,

This is the first time I've utilized my BOA Amerideals and I'm having an issue I think. I received one of those sought after AT&T targeted deals-- spend $30 get $100. Unfortunately, I don't have AT&T so I just bought some accessories instead of paying a phone bill. The deal was spend at least $15 twice within the time period. The expiration date on the deal itself was 1/04/17 but said the two purchases had to be completed by 2/18/17. I already felt this was a glitch waiting to happen.

This is where it gets to be a headache. So, I made my first purchase about the 20th, the deal then listed as "processing." Unfortunately, my second order kept getting pushed back and eventually I got an email saying it would ship 1/14/17. Well, even though the deal said I have until 2/18 to complete the transactions, I wanted them done by 1/4-- the expiration of the offer. So, on 1/3 I went in-store and made the final purchase. The purchase while completed on 1/3 didn't post until 1/5. When I went on my Amerideals site again, the deal was now gone and listed in the expired column and the "processing" designation was gone and it wasn't in my earned folder. Will it eventually show up in the earned folder or will I have to call? On the site's FAQ's it says when a purchase is made before expiration of a deal but posts after, it SHOULD be honored. Should?! More like it better hehe. Any experiences with this? Thanks!

IMG_0905.PNG

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: BofA Amerideals Question: Completed Deal Disappeared

The deals always disappear in between processing and showing up as pending under the "earned" tab. This is normal. You'll be fine!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Amerideals Question: Completed Deal Disappeared

@kdm31091 wrote:

The deals always disappear in between processing and showing up as pending under the "earned" tab. This is normal. You'll be fine!

I hope you're right, kdm, but I've had different results.  Last summer I had a 10% deal for Pet Supplies Plus, valid thru 7/31.  I went to a store mid-day 7/31 and made a $30 purchase, looked at the account online the next day and saw that the deal was processing.  About a week later I got an email from BofA stating that "on review" I had not met the deal requirements.  I went and checked my account and saw that the transaction had posted 8/1 (even though I had made the purchase within the deal window), which is presumably why I didn't get the offer.  I would have called customer service and fought for my $3, but my past experiences with BofA customer services has demonstrated them to be so mind-numbingly incompetent, recalcitrant, and overall difficult to work with, it just wasn't worth $3 to bang my head against that wall.

Chris.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.