cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA - BankAmeriDeals (Cash Back Offers)

tag
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

BofA - BankAmeriDeals (Cash Back Offers)

I happened to log into my BofA online banking today and noticed a new tab - "Cash Back Deals".  This tab is available on my checking account screen as well as on my regular credit card screen.  It's been a few days since I've logged into BofA, but I'm pretty sure this cash back offer was not there last week.

Right now, I have three offers available - 10% cash back on purchases at Burger King; 15% cash back on movie rentals at RedBox; and 15% cash back on purchases at Aeropostale.  It says I have to select one or more of these offers and they will automatically be loaded onto my eligible BofA debit and credit cards.  The offers for BK & RedBox expire at the end of the month and the Aeropostale offer expires on Sept 15th.  It says the cash back will be credited to my account each month.

Looks like they are using this as a way to encourage more use of their cards.  I don't use my BofA cards much at all, but I think I will start using them at Walmart.  I would love to get an offer for 10% or 15% cash back at Walmart since I shop there at least once a week.

Below are some details I copied:

BankAmeriDeals™ Offers

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA - BankAmeriDeals (Cash Back Offers)

What does Walmart have to do with any of the offers below ?

Right now, I have three offers available - 10% cash back on purchases at Burger King; 15% cash back on movie rentals at RedBox; and 15% cash back on purchases at Aeropostale.  It says I have to select one or more of these offers and they will automatically be loaded onto my eligible BofA debit and credit cards.  The offers for BK & RedBox expire at the end of the month and the Aeropostale offer expires on Sept 15th.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 15
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

What does Walmart have to do with any of the offers below ?

Right now, I have three offers available - 10% cash back on purchases at Burger King; 15% cash back on movie rentals at RedBox; and 15% cash back on purchases at Aeropostale.  It says I have to select one or more of these offers and they will automatically be loaded onto my eligible BofA debit and credit cards.  The offers for BK & RedBox expire at the end of the month and the Aeropostale offer expires on Sept 15th.

Right now it doesn't - it's wishful thinking on my part!  The FAQs indicate that these offers were selected for me based on my past purchase history.  My BofA cards don't get much use.  I guess this is BofA's way to encourage more use.  I'm curious as to what kind of offers others are getting on their BankAmeriDeals?

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 3 of 15
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Dang, wish Burger King offer is available to me. I see offer for RedBox and FedEx only.

Message 4 of 15
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

The program just showed up on my account today. I had 10 offers, I may use the Sports Authority 15%, the others not so much.

Message 5 of 15
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Dang, wish Burger King offer is available to me. I see offer for RedBox and FedEx only.

I have the BK offer, but I prefer most other burger joints. In-n-Out or Wendy's would make my day!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also wanted to apply for boa. From which bureau they pull info?

Message 7 of 15
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

They usually pull EX for initial app, and mostly TU for CLI. 

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 8 of 15
amac373
Established Member

I have all the same offers as you but my percentages are different. My BK one is only 5% and the others are 10% I believe. I have been using the Cash Back Deals since June and have had success in using my debit card at PetSmart and BK to get cash back. Usually within a few days the cash back shows up as pending and is eventually depoisted into my checking account. However, recently I have gotten the BoA Cash Rewards Mastercard and supposedly this card is eligible for the deals too. However, I went to BK a week ago and used my CC and still haven't seen any cash back pending. Does anybody know if it's different when you use your CC. Does it show up at the end of a statement or something. Thanks for any help!

Message 9 of 15
YahComb
Established Contributor

They started showing up for me in early june. The Burger King offer for 10% at that time was a one-time use. I signed up but never used it. This one they have now is for 10% and can be used until the offer expires. Wonder if any of the others one will offer an extended period of 10-15% cashback

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.