cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA BankAmericard PC to Premium Rewards possible? Update: Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA BankAmericard PC to Premium Rewards possible? Update: Success!

Hey guys, I was at the bank last Friday and the teller told me that I qualify to app for the Premium Rewards card. I am now wondering if instead of applying for a new card, I could just call in to ask for a PC? I have the BankAmericard with no rewards at all, dusting inside my wallet. Maybe I could PC that and pay the AF? Possible? Comments? Suggestions?
Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA BankAmericard PC to Premium Rewards possible?

I've asked this question a couple of times and nobody seemed to know the answer.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would you possibly want to do that?  You would be losing out on the 500 dollar sign up bonus.  

Message 3 of 17
trant3
Established Contributor

Yes you can PC to the Premium card. Two things to note: your BankAmericard must have at least $5k limit since the Premium card is a VS and don’t be misled by the service reps when they tell you know, it is possible
FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also BOA will do a HP so if you really think it's worth it go ahead.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it’s a HP either way, it makes sense to app for the Premium Rewards for the SUB and likely higher CL.

If approved, you can keep the other card or move the CL. It might be worth it to keep the line as typically the card you have has a lower interest rate. 

Good luck. 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also BOA will do a HP so if you really think it's worth it go ahead.

Do not feed people false information. Thank you. 

Message 7 of 17
kdm31091
Super Contributor

BOA will not do a HP for a product change.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trant3 wrote:
Yes you can PC to the Premium card. Two things to note: your BankAmericard must have at least $5k limit since the Premium card is a VS and don’t be misled by the service reps when they tell you know, it is possible

I don't know about the Premium Rewards but I was able to PC my $500 limit Platinum Plus Mastercard to the Cash Rewards.  They simply issued it as a Platinum Plus Mastercard rather than the World Mastercard (basically the same as Visa Signature).

Also, the $5k minimum for VS/WMC I think is just for new cards (and maybe product changes).  I was able to CLD my Rewards VS to $2k and it's still a VS.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking back to last year, I PCed a legacy M&T Bank World Points (purchased by BoA) that turned into a BoA Platinum Plus card into a Cash Rewards card. There was no HP. @mountakndewvoltage and @kdm31091 are correct.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.