cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA BankAmericard PC to Premium Rewards possible? Update: Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA BankAmericard PC to Premium Rewards possible?

Thanks. I currently have $5400 as my limit so hopefully I can PC. Calling them now and will update you guys. Wish me luck!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update did they do it?
Message 12 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Agree giving up 500 dollar SUB is big, but if you have 100k in assets in ML/BofA then certainly possibly could be worth it to PC to this card if can't get it with the sub for whatever reason.  BofA PC's take FOREVER like 2-4 weeks which I was told recently on my BBR that I never had BT offers for so just closed it as didn't care for the regular APR and the 3-2-1 card was nothing exciting either which i was thinking about pc'ing to.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I just got off the phone with a representative and she said that they do not really offer a product change to the premium rewards, however, since I was nice and patient, she'll see what she can do. After a brief hold, she said she put in the request and read to me the disclosures... annual fee of $95, no sign up bonus since its a PC, etc..., Asked me if I agree to all of the disclosures and I said yes, of course... Here's kicker though, after that she said that I should wait for the "decision" within 10 days... So i'm still hanging if its a yes or a no... Oh well... Gave me a case number and a number to call in case I don't hear anything after 4 weeks.

Good thing she said that it won't give me a hard pull since it is a PC and not a new app. I'll update you guys in 10 days. Hopefully its good news!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity Though I agree 100% on giving up $500 SUB, i feel like in the long run, it will be a good move since my BankAmericard is not earning me any points at all. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I just got off the phone with a representative and she said that they do not really offer a product change to the premium rewards, however, since I was nice and patient, she'll see what she can do. After a brief hold, she said she put in the request and read to me the disclosures... annual fee of $95, no sign up bonus since its a PC, etc..., Asked me if I agree to all of the disclosures and I said yes, of course... Here's kicker though, after that she said that I should wait for the "decision" within 10 days... So i'm still hanging if its a yes or a no... Oh well... Gave me a case number and a number to call in case I don't hear anything after 4 weeks.

Good thing she said that it won't give me a hard pull since it is a PC and not a new app. I'll update you guys in 10 days. Hopefully its good news!

Why are you throwing 500 dollars away? 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: My request for a PC has been approved. Got the letter today dated April 13. It said the change will take effect on May 27, 2018. Now, the wait for the new card begins. Smiley HappyIMG_20180421_0001.jpg

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.