cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Bankamericard disappointment. No way to PC it.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Bankamericard disappointment. No way to PC it.

@NaaryalHead wrote:
I'm concerned about losing average age of account as this card is one of my oldest.

Are you saying closed accounts are still used when calculating average age of account and oldest account?

Your AAoA will not change if you close it.

Message 11 of 28
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

First message updated with new details.

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 12 of 28
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

@NaaryalHead

@NaaryalHead

I also need to PC my BankAmericard to the Cash Rewards card. What number did you call?

Keep us updated and thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 13 of 28
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Hey, 

I just went to the mobile app and from their the call now page for credit card -> Fees (i called for annual fee removal; which didn't work)... the lady transfered me to credit card dept from there.

10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to HUCA a few times to get my CR PC'd from Visa to VS. Their CSR's are a bit inconsistent, but pretty good overall IME.

Message 15 of 28
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Glad that it worked out for you.  And good for you for calling to check again.  Enjoy the new rewards once your card arrives. 

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called up on 9/14 and requested to product change my Platinum plus MasterCard to the travel rewards card, I was told it was possible and it could take up to 4 weeks or something like that.
I received a "case closed" email on 9/18 regarding the requested transfer, it didn't tell me what the outcome was and if I wanted to know more that I should call them.

And on 9/25 I logged into the app and my card now shows up as Bank of America travel rewards visa signature, and shows a different 4 digit number so I guess my card should arrive soon!

For anyone wondering I just called the number on the back of my card.

This was my first post on here, long time lurker etc so I hope I did this right haha
Message 17 of 28
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

@trip1 Superb. Congrats on the PC.

I can't wait to receive my upgraded card as well!

Message 18 of 28
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@NaaryalHead wrote:

UPDATE: So my secured bankAmericard was called BankAmericard Platinum Plus after graduation.  I learned on 2nd call to bofa support is that you shouldn't take one CSR's word for it. First CSR denied having any PC option for this card. 2nd CSR checked and told me yes my account was eligible for PC and they've now created a case for me and quoted 2-4 weeks I should get the PC'ed card. I think I asked for Cash Rewards.

Original message: I was hoping BofA would let me PC it to cash rewards or any other card. Just like citi let me PC to a double cash card but i was told by BofA support pc isn't possible and was something possible about 2 years ago only.

Since this card is unsecured now but not really worth much use, guess i'll put it into the SD.

Id love to use it but hard to see why when my other cards give a 2 to 5% cash back.

The only thing I appreciate is this is my highest CL card right now.

As a former BOA Rep. All Cards can be PC'd. I was always delighted to do a PC for a customer and you can actually put notes in the request to ask for the annual fee to be taken off the account as well and usually somebody from that team reaches out too the customer and lets them know what can and can not be done. So I would say try again until you get someone who knows what the heck there doing. I remember when while I was working for BOA I had my 123 Card converted from Platnium Plus to Signature Visa and I literally had to walk the rep through how to do it on the phone LOL

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 19 of 28
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the wonderful first hand experience info.

Do you think i'll have a chance to get converted to Visa signature somewhere down the line? My request for pc to cash rewards is already forwarded. I got a call back from BofA yesterday. The lady said the annual fee is in the agreement and not much she can do about it.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.