cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Bankamericard disappointment. No way to PC it.

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA Bankamericard disappointment. No way to PC it.

@NaaryalHead wrote:
Thank you for the wonderful first hand experience info.

Do you think i'll have a chance to get converted to Visa signature somewhere down the line? My request for pc to cash rewards is already forwarded. I got a call back from BofA yesterday. The lady said the annual fee is in the agreement and not much she can do about it.

Yes as long as your credit limit is over 5K. Should be no issue.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 21 of 28
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

An update on this. I got a letter saying they're adding the Cash Rewards 'program' to my card. Meaning card number won't change I suppose. Still quoting 3-4 weeks for the card to arrive. heh.  More details added to first message in thread.

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also want to PC my BofA platinum card to a rewards card but my concern is that I just got approved for it last week and I’m not sure if there is a time limit I should wait before asking for a PC. Does anyone know if I should wait a couple of months before asking for the PC?
Message 23 of 28
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I also want to PC my BofA platinum card to a rewards card but my concern is that I just got approved for it last week and I’m not sure if there is a time limit I should wait before asking for a PC. Does anyone know if I should wait a couple of months before asking for the PC?

Go ahead and call.  Are you talking about the BoA Platinum business card?

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, It’s just the platinum plus Mastercard
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve had the bankamericard for 11 years, my first card, started as a $500 partial secured if I remember right. Had a $1,500 for a long time as an auto CLI years ago. This September they gave me a bump up to $3,500. When I logged in there has been a “request credit line increase” below the account info but I never pressed it since I thought it would be a hard pull. Just hit it, asked for $20k and got $9,500! Still happy for an old card! 🎉

Message 26 of 28
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I’ve had the bankamericard for 11 years, my first card, started as a $500 partial secured if I remember right. Had a $1,500 for a long time as an auto CLI years ago. This September they gave me a bump up to $3,500. When I logged in there has been a “request credit line increase” below the account info but I never pressed it since I thought it would be a hard pull. Just hit it, asked for $20k and got $9,500! Still happy for an old card! 🎉

Congrats on the CLI @Ktspicks

Did you see any scary 'we will pull your credit report' language on the request-cli page? This is what I see on BofA CLI page.

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 27 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The disclosure is there from a compliance perspective OP. However, since May of last year, BoA CLI requests are SP.

Technically, they are still obtaining a copy of your CR, albeit via SP.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.