Re: BofA Blacklist

You made my morning @KInBoston. Thx for the smile. Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 19
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

There is hope Djgrolyos!
I just posted just now.....

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Has-BoA-given-me-complete-pardon/td-p/5154507

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

An update: Now with a CS around 775 on two of the CRA and one at 820, I finally received a pre-authorization from BoA via the USPS. No specific APR, just a range. I did not apply.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there anyway to get off the BofA Blacklist? I had 2 with them and 1 with FIA years ago... like 2008. They still remember tho. Not on my reports but they deny me anyway.

Is there any hope or should I just give up on them? Thansk

I've been a BofA banking customer for over 30 years. Year after year I get these you're  pre-approved* offers in the mail for their Visa card and year after year I suckered myself into applying only to add to my inquiries list and dinged scores. But good to know there's some sort of hope for us on the blacklist via secured card option (I've read on this thread) if that's any consolation maybe someday, just maybe...

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

After a 2008 Chapter 13, I was offered a secured card with them which I accepted. After a year it was unsecured and since then I have a 1.99% car loan and three credit cards. I also do all my banking with them. So I guess I would have to say they do forgive, if you take it slow. Just my take.  Best of luck to you.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After a 2008 Chapter 13, I was offered a secured card with them which I accepted. After a year it was unsecured and since then I have a 1.99% car loan and three credit cards. I also do all my banking with them. So I guess I would have to say they do forgive, if you take it slow. Just my take.  Best of luck to you.

More reinforcement of forgiveness -- so good to hear this! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 19
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there anyway to get off the BofA Blacklist? I had 2 with them and 1 with FIA years ago... like 2008. They still remember tho. Not on my reports but they deny me anyway.

Is there any hope or should I just give up on them? Thansk

I suppose it might also depend on product. I burned them in 2007 with a BK7. In 2016 (with the BK still on my record), I was able to get their Cash Rewards, albeit with a $2k limit that didn't really grow (the CLI link was dead for nearly a year, and by the time it did work, I wasn't willing to give up a HP to try only to fail). So, I used it some and ultimately cancelled the card just over a year later. I was thankful they let me back in.

Fast forward to last month, when I received the targeted 40k miles with Alaska Airlines. I am working on getting MP points to take a trip to Fiji next year, so I decide to leave the garden. Figured that my credit had only improved from the last time I had an account with them, and silly me, I assumed I was off the blacklist given my prior approval. *sigh* Alas, it wasn't meant to be. I was immediately declined, and on reconsideration, I was declined again. Both rejections cited my previous adverse relationship with BoA, and that was the only reason for rejction. 

While I wasn't pleased with the outcome, I only wasted one HP with them. Chase and Citi were also burned, but they both have been quite generous to me, and for that, I have been quite loyal to their products. 

Message 17 of 19
sjt
Senior Contributor

What was the total burn amount?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

An update: Now with a CS around 775 on two of the CRA and one at 820, I finally received a pre-authorization from BoA via the USPS. No specific APR, just a range. I did not apply.

I applied with my pre offer, and still got denied. They said I had a very old previous account that does not appear on any of my current credit reports.  Score is 805

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.