Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA CLI Question

I hit the LUV button a few minutes ago and got the "Call in for an Instant Decision".  I remember awhile back some people said not to even call in and they got a CLI.  Is this true?  Also, my current CL is 1500 and asked for a 3k CL.  Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA CLI Question

yes its true. you can call for instant decision or you can wait until a credit analyst takes a look and you might or might not get a cli.

hope this helps.

Message 2 of 10
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Dont call if you havent had the card for 6 months IMO.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes you can wait. But I personaly like to call and talk to them, the last time I called there was a super nice lady and she approved my request to increase from 1k to 5k. She also asked me if I want an increase on my other card which has 2k limit Smiley Very Happy 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call in. I got that message as well, called in spoke to a credit analyst who asked me a few questions and went on to approve some of my cli.

:-)
Message 5 of 10
themeggerz
New Contributor

Those with success on the LUV button, what was your balance etc?

I use my BOA card for my everyday spending.  I probably send through at least 5000 a month and never pay interest - i just pay about 1500-2000 a week to it.  So sometimes the balance is high, sometimes its not.  

I do have some inquiries on my CR - which bureau have they pulled for you? or is it soft??

SCORES (2/2013): EX 795 TU 717 EXP 726
Goal: 800+ and Gardening

Wallet: NavyFed 15k AMEX BCE 2k Discover 3k BOA 5k
CapitalOne 2250 HSBC RZM 950 Best Buy SC 2900
GEMB/Paypal 3700 Merrick Bank 1k Zales 2k Barclays 1300 GEMB/AJMadison 3600 Walmart 800 VS 500 NY&CO 400
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always PIF before closing date, so the reported balance is usually zero.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also pay in full. Multiple times, sometimes. I like to make sure that my balance is always at zero on my account.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called in today and spoke to a pretty nice credit analyst.  He asked me a few questions about some baddies that are 6 years old and said, you current CL is 1.5k and want it a 3k CL.  I said yes, and he said that will be no problem at all.  Pretty easy, maybe I should of asked for more!

Message 9 of 10
jcx808
New Contributor

I just hit the CLI button and got the a written decision will be mailed out 3-5 days.  Does this mean I got denied?

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 725 EQ 746 TU as of 6/24/2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.