Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI or wait?

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

BofA CLI or wait?

Not too long ago as some of you may have seen, my BofA Secured Graduated and I called in for an increase and was able to go from $300 to $700.

I am wondering what are the odds of being able to get one again since it hasn't been 6 months since the increase. It happened in like end of April/begining of May. If i have good odds I wonder if i can find a nice rep and sweet talk them into getting me another increase with a SP?

I can only dream i guessSmiley Very Happy

I would like some advice as I want to be careful and not aquire to alot hps and I don't want to appear desperate for credit. I would just like to see it at or over $1,000 so I would have no cards under $1,000.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: BofA CLI or wait?

@linux007969 wrote:

Not too long ago as some of you may have seen, my BofA Secured Graduated and I called in for an increase and was able to go from $300 to $700.

I am wondering what are the odds of being able to get one again since it hasn't been 6 months since the increase. It happened in like end of April/begining of May. If i have good odds I wonder if i can find a nice rep and sweet talk them into getting me another increase with a SP?

I can only dream i guessSmiley Very Happy

I would like some advice as I want to be careful and not aquire to alot hps and I don't want to appear desperate for credit. I would just like to see it at or over $1,000 so I would have no cards under $1,000.

BofA is a 6 month reviewer pretty sure

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
linux007969
Established Contributor

Ok, nevermind.

I called up a credit analyst and asked for an increase and he said i can request one at anytime and i asked about a soft pull and he said no that it will be a hard pull and asked if i wanted to continue and i just figured what the heck ...... asked for $3,000 he asked for all the usual info and placed me on hold.....

came back and thanked me for perfect payment history and my loyality and said he can't approve me for the full amount but can approve me for $1,500 and i said "Thank you, that should be good to start with again!" he said great! and we nicely ended the call.

So i took a HP and got approved for something, it's a win in my book!

Absolutely Possitively No more Hard Pull's on my file for the rest of this year! I need to stay clean.... lol Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

Ok, nevermind.

I called up a credit analyst and asked for an increase and he said i can request one at anytime and i asked about a soft pull and he said no that it will be a hard pull and asked if i wanted to continue and i just figured what the heck ...... asked for $3,000 he asked for all the usual info and placed me on hold.....

came back and thanked me for perfect payment history and my loyality and said he can't approve me for the full amount but can approve me for $1,500 and i said "Thank you, that should be good to start with again!" he said great! and we nicely ended the call.

Absolutely Possitively No more Hard Pull's on my file for the rest of this year! I need to stay clean.... lol Smiley Very Happy

Congrats are in order

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
linux007969
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

Ok, nevermind.

Congrats are in order

Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Yay! Congrats!!Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.