Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI was SOFT PULL!

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

BofA CLI was SOFT PULL!

Hi everyone,

So on August 19th, I successfully got a CLI on my BankAmericard from $3,500 to $5,000 for the purpose of going to a Signature card.  It was successfull.  Here we are 12 days later, did a backdoor entry into all three, no hard pulls...

I guess not all BofA CLI requests result in HP.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: BofA CLI was SOFT PULL!

That is great news..  Now if my credit union (Chartway) would just get with the program on soft pulls for CLI on credit cards......   ah, but who am I kidding, even with the hard pull I'm still just as happy as can be with them.  They make me plan in advance.....  Smiley Happy

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Yes. Both BOA and FIA are softpull for me when I ask CLI.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think requesting for CLI for too agressive amount or requesting when an account is too new will result in HP. Aged account will have higher threshold for soft pull CLI than young account do.   

Message 4 of 10
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think requesting for CLI for too agressive amount or requesting when an account is too new will result in HP. Aged account will have higher threshold for soft pull CLI than young account do.   

That sounds reasonable, and something I could live with.  Smiley Happy

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 5 of 10
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I've only had my BofA card for 3 months with a CL of 1000. I called an asked for an increase to 5K and to be upgraded to signature as well. I was approved and it was only a soft pull as well

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe YMMV could be the best explanation.

Message 7 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I've read this.

They've always been soft for me, but I can see that if someone keeps hitting that luv button, they're eventually going to run out of extra credit that they're willing to hand out for free, and do a hard.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

I was wondering why BoA is not giving auto CLI to their reputed customers. Has anybody any experinece on tihis to share

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an unsolicited 1000.00 CLI on my Platinum Plus Visa without any pull. Card started as a secured card almost three years ago.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.