cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Cash Rewards SECURED CLI unsecured???

tag
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

BofA Cash Rewards SECURED CLI unsecured???

I wanted to add some funds to my secured BofA Cash Rewards card because it will be eligible to graduate within the next 6 months but I wasn't sure how to go about this. I ended up just using the CLI button and answered all of the typical questions (annual income, rent or own, blah blah) however there was not an option to put my checking account number of where I wanted the deposit to come out of? I do bank with bofa and so maybe it will just automatically come from there? It's just weird because I have a checking and a savings so how will they know which one to take it from? 

Also right after I did the CLI it gave me the 5-7 days review but I checked my credit card online and it my new credit limit was there with the new available credit. 

Just seems odd to me. Wanted to get some input from you all and see if anyone else has done this request online. Smiley Happy

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: BofA Cash Rewards CLI process

sounds like they gave you an unsecured CLI.

How long have you had the card?

How much CLI did you ask for?

Message 2 of 8
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I read the question wrong when doing the CLI (I'm an idiot lol) and put that I wanted to increase my credit limit to $700 but meant I wanted to ADD $700 to make my CL $1000. Anyways it ended up being a $400 CLI from $300 to $700 now. I got the card September 2013 which is why it doesn't make sense? I do PIF every month and use it pretty frequently but still. 

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 3 of 8
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I can't even find any posts of anyone using the CLI button available online for their secured BofA card...hmmmm.

Message 4 of 8
rockinn8
Contributor

My first CC of my rebuild was a BOA Secured CC...I still have it and hope to graduate it this year.  I also have never heard of anyone using the CLI button on a secured card, although I will say that that button/link does show up on my my acct homepage, I never would've dreamed of pushing it though.  Have you called BOA?  You should probably call and see what happened, maybe it was unsecured?  Let us know how it goes!

Starting Score: EQ FICO 673 TU FAKO 641
Current Score: EQ FICO 740, EX FICO 748, TU FICO 722 (Discover)
Goal Score: All 730+ FICOs

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
mbla
New Contributor

Call the B of A Secured Card Credit Analysts at  888-260-4696 and ask them the status!

Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Hit the Button again and ask for $5k!!

Message 7 of 8
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

So I ended up calling and they said they had never seen this before? Then said that they would have to debit my account and take the money out (which sucks because I think it would have just been an unsecured CLI ) Oh well. The lady said she has multiple people looking into this and that there is some sort of glitch or error going on. 

Guess I shouldn't have called but oh well! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.