Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Cash Rewards World Mastercard

tag
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

BofA Cash Rewards World Mastercard

Hey everyone!

So, I went to the mailbox today and in the mail was an offer from Bank of America.  I opened it up and it was for the BofA Cash Rewards World Mastercard.  On paper, it sounds good.  I especially like the 3% back on gas.  Not knowing much about it, I figured I'd inquire more on here.  When I looked at the rate, it had a specific rate of 19.24%.  Does that mean that if I actually bit on the bait, I'd stand a good shot at approval?  I'm not too familiar with BoA cards.  Just wanted to get some feedback.

Thanks!

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Cash Rewards World Mastercard

If you had a specific rate, your chance of getting approved is really high.

Message 2 of 7
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@dsotm76 wrote:

Hey everyone!

So, I went to the mailbox today and in the mail was an offer from Bank of America.  I opened it up and it was for the BofA Cash Rewards World Mastercard.  On paper, it sounds good.  I especially like the 3% back on gas.  Not knowing much about it, I figured I'd inquire more on here.  When I looked at the rate, it had a specific rate of 19.24%.  Does that mean that if I actually bit on the bait, I'd stand a good shot at approval?  I'm not too familiar with BoA cards.  Just wanted to get some feedback.

Thanks!

It all depends.  If you profile has changed significantly since the time you were preselected then there is a chance that you could be declined.  Having a specific APR versus a range is better but nothing is guaranteed.  Remember that when you apply a snapshot of your current credit is what the lender sees.  Good luck if you decide to apply. 

Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Definitely not 100% guarantee approval with single rate. Ive had one before from Boa and still was rejected. If it is worth a hp to you and you want the card, worth a shot but as Loquat alluded, things can change by the time you get the offer
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The specific rate is a good sign! Even if they approve you with a toy limit, it will grow with an SP nowadays.

By the way, that 3% is really 3.3% -- if you redeem into a BofA checking or savings account you get a 10% bonus at redemption.

Message 5 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Grasshopper, it is still setting in for me that BoA has soft pulls now lol. I almost forget until someone mentions it like you did.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 7
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Other than the 3% for gas purchases, the card is pretty useless -- unless you happen to have a spare $100,000 to stash at Bank of America's Merrill Edge brokerage.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.