Did you mean: 

BofA Cash Rewards vs BBR (Success!!!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Cash Rewards vs BBR

@thelethargicage wrote:

I apped and...I got an instant denial!

Really? The only thing I could think of would be they think your open credit is too high relative to your income...either that or maybe some old baddie that's since fallen off your report but BoA sees internally?  That sucks though...agreed on the recon.  I've spoken to their frontline CSR's and credit analysts multiple times, always had a good experience.

Message 21 of 71
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Whaaaaat? That makes no sense with your profile. Recon that post haste!

I'm trying, but the credit department is closed.

I'm in shock.

Message 22 of 71
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I have the BBR, and lately they frequently offer me either a $200 signup bonus for the cash rewards card, or 20,000 bonus points for the travel rewards card. So it might make sense to get the BBR now, and wait for a good targeted offer on the other two later.

Do you bank with BofA? Or do you just keep an account for the bonus? Do you use the BBR for purchases or just put a single charge on it every month?

I only have the BBR, nothing else. It is 16 months old now. But I've noticed those bonus offers for a couple months now. The Cash Rewards just recently dropped to $150, but the Travel Rewards is still 20,000. I'm sure i'll see those again. Also, there are hundreds of versions of the Cash Rewards card at the $100 rewards level, for various universities alumni associations, or fraternities/sororities. For example, this snazzy looking card: https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=VACFH7&s_tnt=#b

I did the single charge a month for quite a while, but then when I asked for a CLI the card only went from $4500 -> $9600. So I added a second charge to it for a while, but I'm removing that already. I'll probably just apply for a second BBR one of these days.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 23 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in shock.

Pretty sure they're M-F 9-5 or something similar.  I typically call around 10am EST and have <2 min wait, usually ~30 seconds.  Good luck!

Message 24 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in shock.

I never would have believed it. If it's any consolation, BOA'S recon team is great. I actually got my first BBR approval on recon.

Message 25 of 71
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

I spoke to someone on the application status line, but they said the only way to talk to an analyst is by writing a letter. Whatever. I guess I'll just call tomorrow.

Message 26 of 71
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Are you kidding? Look at my scores! I got approved for TWO BBR cards. Just go for it already! Smiley Tongue

Its not just about score though. BOA can be very picky and conservative. 

Good luck with your recon OP. 

Message 27 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I did the single charge a month for quite a while, but then when I asked for a CLI the card only went from $4500 -> $9600. So I added a second charge to it for a while, but I'm removing that already. I'll probably just apply for a second BBR one of these days.

Is this particularly low for BoA?  I know they're generous with their CLI's but I would think that $5100 is a pretty nice amount...

Message 28 of 71
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

I apped and...I got an instant denial!

Really? The only thing I could think of would be they think your open credit is too high relative to your income...either that or maybe some old baddie that's since fallen off your report but BoA sees internally?  That sucks though...agreed on the recon.  I've spoken to their frontline CSR's and credit analysts multiple times, always had a good experience.

No "baddies"...ever!

I need some Listerine now, I can't believe I uttered that word.

Message 29 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Cash Rewards vs BBR (Talk me off the ledge!!!)

Wow, that's just shocking.
Message 30 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.